Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #81
Winnebago Watcher

Lippert Levleing issues

I have a problem with Lippert also. Currently pulling a 2012 Open Range with an electric leveling system. During the past month the rear levelers make a screeching noise when activated. It is so loud I have had neighbors come out to see what the noise was. They do go down and back up, but extremely slow and very loud.
There is the problem...they work! Lippert wont do anything because they work.
I am very concerned that the system is telling me there is a major problem and they are going to stop working. Wouldn't it be great to stop working when they are down and I am dry camping somewhere and couldn't move.
I am really up set with Lippert and am having them replaced at MY expense.
Any suggestions?
BradP65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:02 AM   #82
Winnebago Owner

Had the dealer change the pump, still having the same problem. Going back in to be checked again.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #83
Winnie-Wise

Just got an update on my motorhome which has been at the dealership for one month. They replaced the four return lines because the jack down light continues to come on after the motorhome sits for a couple days with the jacks up.

Now, the system will not hold pressure and they want to replace the "power unit". I am assuming that means the pump. The dealership contacted Protective (Extended Warranty) and they are sending out an inspector before they will authorize the repair. I guess I will know in another 24-48 hours what the status is.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #84
Winnebago Camper

Well it's been a little over four months since Tom Johnson fixed our jacks again (that makes three times its been in the shop for jacks), and today we're back to having the same problem! Right front jack is about one inch down so we have that darn beeping going on. After two years of this recurring problem my husband is almost to the point of getting rid of this coach. We're beginning to think Lippert jacks are just not worth it. Next coach will not have anything from Lippert so guess it won't be a Winnebago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #85

After a number of tries, Tom Johnsons (now a Camping world) could not fix my leveler issues either. Just picked it up after a 7 and 1/2 week warranty repair visit for this an a number of other items and the right rear would not fully extend. After a close look at the piston, I found some deep gouges and I wonder if there is an issue inside the system with loose metal chips. Take a look at the attached pictures. Johnsons will have no problem fitting in with the Camping World service reputation...SUCKS. I could go on and on about how bad they are but I now live in Florida and have to actuallynow deal with Camping World as they are the only game around down here for warranty work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.2.2015 066.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	85522   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.2.2015 067.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	85523  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.2.2015 065.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	85524   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.2.2015 068.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	85525  

raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #86
Winnebago Watcher

I wonder if lippert or the dealers care? What RVs don't use Lippert?
BradP65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:15 AM   #87
Winnebago Owner

Lippert also owns Power Gear and bought out Schwintek in-wall slides awhile back. They appear to be gobbling up a lot of competition. Soon there may not be competing products. We've had problems with both jacks and slides. While it is a PITA, Lippert customer service has been great. I took it in to a local service center and on suspecting (correctly) that the technicians had no experience/training with the Schwintek system, I was advised to drive away from that facility quickly. The Winnebago dealer service dept. did a great repair but it took several weeks. Not Lippert's fault.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:46 AM   #88

Glad to hear that you are fixed, down here in southern florida, the weather may be nice BUT I have to deal with either Camping World in Coccoa or LaMesa in Port St. Lucie for warranty repairs. Sent them two e-mails and called twice over last two weeks with no return call. Went to an RV show they are having in Melbourne yesterday and even the sales people acknowledge and shake their heads when I asked about the problems with the service department. they say it may take up to a year to get the service area straightened out! Sure glad I moved to Florida!!
Old 02-13-2015, 06:51 AM   #89
Winnebago Owner

Have you checked with Lazydays outside Tampa? Further away, but they are competent and are business-like (ie, they return calls).
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
Have you checked with Lazydays outside Tampa? Further away, but they are competent and are business-like (ie, they return calls).
Not yet, hate to have to go that far. Transportation home would be an issue as it is 140 miles away. If they let me leave a trailer there, I could take my Harley to ride home and return on it when the repairs are finished. Waiting to hear from my contact at Winnebago as he was the one who recommended LaMesa as to what to do next. what a complete nightmare this whole experience has been. Been told a few times that it will get better but hard to keep it positive.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #91

Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Lippert electronic leveling

Not knowing how to add a new tread, I'm writing it here, sorry to bug you !

I had to relevel my coach, so I strated the engine, turned on the leveling touchpad, pressed the RETRACT ALL JACKS, instead of retracting all jacks, the system went for a full extension of all jacks and then the breaker jumped; I had to reset the breaker and then do the same procedure and this time, the system retracted all jacks, but not fully rectracted, the breaker jumped again; I went back and reseted the breaker; coming back to the driver's seat, since then, I now have 5 flashing yellow lights: WAIT, JACKS DOWN, LOW VOLTAGE, ENGAGE PARK BRAKE, EXCESS ANGLE
How do I reset this touchpad ? I cannot do anything with it and my parking brake was ON all the time and it is still ON.
Thanks
normandlegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #92
Winnie-Wise

Normand, try disconnecting all your batteries for a few minutes and then reconnect them and try again.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:40 AM   #93

there is a reset on the touch pad. Check the instructions because I can't remember which two buttons you hold at the same time.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:45 AM   #94

Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Leppert

I have found the reset method from another thread:
holding down the 4 arrows at the same time and the system resets.
Thank you all
normandlegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #95
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
Just got an update on my motorhome which has been at the dealership for one month. They replaced the four return lines because the jack down light continues to come on after the motorhome sits for a couple days with the jacks up.

Now, the system will not hold pressure and they want to replace the "power unit". I am assuming that means the pump. The dealership contacted Protective (Extended Warranty) and they are sending out an inspector before they will authorize the repair. I guess I will know in another 24-48 hours what the status is.
**Update** Protective authorized the replacement of the power unit. The part was ordered and installed the other day. The system is holding pressure, but the mechanic still wants to keep an eye on it for a few more days.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:38 PM   #96
Site Team

Great news, John! Hope that does the trick!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #97
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Great news, John! Hope that does the trick!
I hope so... That would be one problem down... Still hoping to get the slide properly fixed...
Old 02-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #98
Winnebago Camper

We had antisticion (sp) fluid added twice, then the pump and reservoir replaced, then the rear jacks replaced, then the electrical control unit was upgraded to the newest version, all attempts still leaving us with jacks that leaked down and made popping noises. They finally checked the shuttle valve that switches the fluid flow to raise and lower the jacks and found that one side of the valve internally had not been reamed on milled out far enough to let the shuttle fully seat thus causing bypass and seepage. It was replaced with a new valve and now after 8 times in various shops and 5 months since the last repairs, the jacks seem to be working as designed. Fingers crossed. Good luck.
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #99
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2014 Winnebago Forza 34T with very similar issues. Leaving the coach in my garage for awhile and the "jacks down light" comes on although no noticeable jack is in fact down. Right now it's an annoyance as all I have to do is to start the coach and retract all jacks, wait a few seconds and everything seems to turn itself off. I'd like to document this with my dealer, but here in Boise, it's the dreaded "Camping World". Already had the run around from them last year on warranty issues and would really hate to take it back to them. Should I call Lippert directly to start documenting this and will it eventually get worse??

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #100
Winnebago Camper

I call WBGO and register everything with them. I got the best results by returning to Forest City instead of messing with dealers since they call FC for repair and replacement instructions. There is a Lippert Rep at FC that personally gets involved to help. There is no magic answer but you do need to keep records and receipts AND get WBGO involved. Good luck!
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling