Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Latest incident was that I couldn't retract jacks from down position. Had to turn in 4 allen screws and then connect a 1/2" socket to a drill to manually retract them. Had to cut away a small portion of the sidewall inside the door panel so that the socket extension could extend straight out.

Certainly glad I experienced this in the security of our driveway before I had to attempt this along the road.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to waylntat2
I Have 2013 Journey with the same Issues , Had them say jacks down both driving and after sitting a few days .. even had , the board ,pump and tanks parts replaced .. under warranty,, I have hade it 2 shops CW talked to Winnebago. still have the gremlin.. The jack only appears to be down slightly LF, That's where we are at Now.. been working on the boogers since July 2013 off and on , between trips... Been told the Jacks will not deploy with air Parking brake off. so I just turn off when going down to Where ever, retract when in storage before traveling ,, It just makes life fun when the Wife hears the buzzer when it happens,, I'll be watching this more close for Yawl,, to let me know not just me ..
Old 08-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

I never turn it off early. This happens just after the hydraulic pump turns off and jacks are retracted. System is still on. None of the jacks have moved down, even days later everything is fully retracted. Pressure must be bleeding down once the pump is off. I plan to connect a gauge to the filling quick disconnect adapters to see if its real.
gdravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Well... Back into the shop we go. The jack down light continues to light after the motorhome sits for several days with the jacks up. So far, two hoses have been replaced, and most recently the pressure switch replaced. The dealership did put a pressure gauge on the system and it is losing the appropriate amount of pressure over the given time period. This will be the fourth time I will have to take it back. My one year warranty just expired on August 5th, but I am going to demand they fix it under warranty since this has been an on-going problem. Completely unacceptable...
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #25
Site Team

Sorry to hear that your problems with the leveling system continues, and best of luck on getting a. Permanent fix.

Here's yet another jack story...Today, as I was leaving Yosemite, I had put the jacks up and as we were leaving, the jacks light came on. As I've done in the past, I simply set the brake and then retracted them again. Well, the light came on again, so as I was emptying the holding tanks I looked under the RV and there actually WAS a jack down! The rear passenger jack was about 1 inch from being fully retracted. First time that had happened. So I set the brake, extended the jacks and then retracted the,. This time I checked and they were all fully retracted and I didn't have a problem again the rest of the way home...all is well that ends well.

2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE, 2014 Honda CRV with Roadmaster tow package, RVing on weekends and vacation since June 2012
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

This Lippert Jack system really concerns me. I do not think they are a quality company. I think this is just the start of problems we are going to have down the road. I really hope I am wrong!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I would highly recommend that everyone look into how they would retract the legs manually if they absolutely had to.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #28
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
Hello all...

I have a 2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE with the Lippert Leveling System (4 hydraulic jacks).

After the motorhome sits for a period of time (about one week) with the jacks up, when I go to start the vehicle, the Jack Down light will light as if the jacks are down. This problem has been occurring since I bought the motorhome new in August 2013.

I took the vehicle to the dealership and they replaced two hydraulic lines which they said were bulging. Thought they had fixed the problem until I started my motorhome the other day and the Jack Down light lit again.

This will be the third time I will have to bring my motorhome in to the dealership in an attempt to fix this issue.

Has anyone else had this problem and what was your solution?

Thanks
Our new MH does the same thing. I have found that after leaving the unit for several days the air bleeds out of the air ride system. When I start the MH the jack lights come on, but the air pressure is down in the tanks. After idling for a few minutes the tanks fill up, the MH air bags fill and the lights go out.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

Sounds like you have an internal valve leaking in the pump system! If it makes you feel any better we had basically the same issue with an Equalizer system and it just took a while to get it resolved! Hydraulic systems only take small tiny pieces of trash in the system to cause major problems
SDM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #30
Winnebago Master

Lippert Leveling System and Jack Down light

I have never had that problem. But I never park my coach for any length of time without leveling. I believe it is better for the jacks to support the weight.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

Jack down warning light

On a recent trip with my 2014 Tour I heard a small buzzer only to
find two lights blinking on my leveling system and saying jacks done.
At 65 mph it does not give you a warm feeling. Hit the power on and hit
retract and lights went out. Has only happen 1 time before no reason for the
alarms jacks were fully up when leaving camp site. I usually set my cruise
button and bring ideal to 900 rpm to retract slides and jacks so I don't think
it's a voltage problem. I'm told by my dealer jacks will not go done if transmission
is in drive?

2104 Winnebago Tour 42 QD
midgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

I have 2013 5r with simaler Lippert 4 jack system. Was getting frustrated as every so often would give error code & no function properly.aftr set up one afternoon I noticed a clicking up front,found one of the orange pressure line from the pump had a huge bubble on the side beside the crimped fitting.i backed truck under for the nite not. Noing if the jack would collapse when it blew. Wrapped tape around so not to spray all over everything,next morning it had blew out & no collapse.all jacks retracted & continued home. 3 weeks off warranty,have extended but we were only home for a week so I went to hydraulic shop & had new non conductive hose made.when putting it on noticed another looked swollen. Apparently there is an internal leak where fitting is crimped on. Feel the hoses closely as oil will be between outer orange jacket & internal hose causing very slow loss in pressure.since I replaced both with shop made my system has worked flawlesly.My system is a little different than what you have on your coach but check your lines carefully.I have since seen different post of various manufactures using Lippert system with hose issue.
GD
Gordond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

I'm having similar issue with my brand new 2015 Forza. Everytime I start the unit up the jacks light down comes on even with the jacks completely retracted. I power on the system and hit the retract and after a few seconds the light goes out. I also had the light come on while driving twice. Taking it back in for several other issues soon and having them check it out.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #34
Winnebago Watcher

I've started working on my jack down light issue and found the check valve located behind the quick disconnect on the retract side has failed. This will be the root cause to me loss in pressure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409427860024.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	72428  
Old 09-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #35
Winnebago Watcher

I managed to source new check valves from the power unit manufacturer in China. Reassembled the pump and every things working. Jack Down light remains off with jacks retracted.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #36
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelDuo View Post
I would highly recommend that everyone look into how they would retract the legs manually if they absolutely had to.
I agree... I have not checked the manual yet, but does anyone know how to retract the jacks manually?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
I agree... I have not checked the manual yet, but does anyone know how to retract the jacks manually?
I had to use a 5/32" allen wrench to turn the manual override clockwise on the valve. There are a total of 4 locations. Also, needed is a 1/2" socket attached to a drill to retract the jacks. Problem was, I didn't have a straight shot to the socket so I had to grind away part of the side panel hidden by the door.

The directions can be found in the owner's manual under "MANUAL OVERRIDE - JACKS" & "MANUAL OVERRIDE - POWER SYSTEM". What wasn't explained was how to work around the clearances needed to accomplish this. Also, make sure you have the proper adapter to connect the socket to your drill.

Having the correct tools to do this is essential.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Hi, I have a 13 35p and have experienced the same issue. Mine will also beep while on the road. I have to pull over, set the parking brake retract the jack etc. Pain in the rear. For months the light and beep would come on, I would get out and not see any jack drooping. Finally I let it beep for about 15 miles, looked and the right rear jack was down about 2 inches. I reported to the dealer, they attempted several times to clear the issue but it wasn't until the dealer contacted Lippert and they worked together did it improve. Basically they ran the jacks up and down several times and it worked. To me that indicates some sort of for lack of a better term "air" in the lines that didn't get bled out. It has happened once since. I pulled over, ran the jacks up and down manually a couple of times and it has been fine. Have your dealer call Lippert.
Scuster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #39
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2013 Journey 36M with almost the identical problem. I've also had other coaches with systems that seem for "fade" while sitting causing alarm and lights with coach is started.
So far I've just ignored it, as it is very brief and all components check out as OK.

Paul
pjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #40
Winnebago Owner

Leveling jack issue

Have a Itasca Meridian 36M. Like other folks with Lippert system, after retracting the jacks and goining on the road the light and the buzzer come on warning that the jack is down.
I have tried different things, including taking it to dealer. They can not repeat the issue.
It is getting worse as it does this every 10 miles or so. Just left the coach in storage and will take it to a repair facility in spring.
Nxkharra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling