Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 04:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leveling jacks ??

Ive recently purchased a 1994 Winnebago Adventurer. Its a 34 foot. First time owner and new to it ALL. I moved it, hit the auto button on the jacks and much to my surprise I started raising and leveling all on its own. After it stopped I got out to look at the jacks, see where they were located, Etc. I noticed the left rear wasnt down. It had went to the vertical position and lowered some but never touched the ground. Will they all make contact with the ground and then level from there ? The one that didn't go down is the one on the highest part of the ground so the MH needs less lift if any at all on that corner but I would assume all would make contact for stability. Where do I go from here ? What can I do or check ? Thanks
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If they are HWH all of the jacks should be on the ground. (I assume other brands also) Try to recycle the system, make sure you have enough fluid in the hydraulic system tank to push the pistons all the way out. I believe you check the oil level with the jacks in the travel position.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Manually level the rig and the calibrate the leveling system...............Should solve your problem.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

On my '97 Adventurer 34 any stiff jacks (manual HWH) will wait until their partner (left/right or front/rear) gets some pressure on it then goes down itself. I still have one rear jack stiff enough that I have to pry it in with a bar and fulcrum block. We spray lube on it each time before retracting, hopefully it will loosen up.

I don't know about yours, but mine wants to keep rear wheels in contact with the ground so that the parking brake keeps it from moving forward or back, tipping off the jacks (these HWH don't have solid stops when flipping down). Wheel chocks are a good idea anyway as a backup to the brake.
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks