Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Leveling jacks 2002 itasca horizon 39'

Leveling jacks 2002 Itasca horizon 39QP
I put my Itasca up on the leveling jacks 7 days ago and today I noticed the 2 rear jacks were retracted about Half way up.
Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the fix??? I think it's time for a beer Grrrrrr
Thanks in advance
bruce Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Itasca Meridian 36G

I believe you have HWH??? I would call HWH technical support. They can trouble shoot with you and suggest to you on the part you need. Likely have a bad solenoid valve. 18003213494.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Bruce ...

I am assuming you have HWH levelers

Your jacks are "ONE WAY" hydraulic cylinders ... if they are letting your coach settle ... the fluid is going someplace ... it is either leaking through the solenoids or you have an external leak.

Have you checked (under your steps) to see if you have any leaking of fluid on the top of the tank / pump / solenoids?

If you search "HWH User Manuals" ... you will find your user manual ... that should help you narrow down the source of your problem.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Yes I have the HWH jacks. And there are is no evidence of any leaks that I have noticed, this system also runs my 2 slide outs, and I have not found any leaks on any of them. I was going through all the service bulletins and other information on HWH's web sight very informative. What I did do this time when I put it up on jacks being as it was on a level cement pad I did the front jacks 1st then the rear ones apparently By the service bulletins I should do the sides 1st because it can cause unequal pressure in the rear left and right jacks but what I was reading. I retracted all the jacks and redeployed them and so far they have not lost any height in the last 6 hours. will keep an eye on them and see what happens.
will also call HWH in the morning just to check with them. I have the 310 series system with 2 slide outs.
Thanks for the input getting ready to go to four corners area for 2 months in 10 days so I don't have time to get parts and have it fixed. last time I had a leaking hose on this system it took camping world 25 days to fix the hose, I have the insurance for anything that goes wrong with the motor home, but dealing with them is another story.
Thanks again
Old 03-27-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Cool

called HWH this morning and they agree the I have 2 bad solenoids. at $220 each ouch. I think I will wait until I get back from my trip to get it fixed I don't want to build any issues into the system. it's a very slow leak.
at least its something they say I can replace on my own.

USAF MSgt Ret.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
Itasca Meridian 36G

I have replaced them on my 310. The toughest part is getting a good grip without damaging as they are very close together. Also I have had better luck with new vs rebuilt. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

bruce, i live in paulden az,bout 120 miles from 4 corners. i go thru that way on my way to denver several times a year. if you need help, contact me at 602-549-3638. i can help. i do work for hwh as a technical sales rep.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We will be in Holbrook May1&2 Holbrook/Petrified Forest KOA then working our way around to Durango, Cortez, MOAB, Zion, Bryce, and the north Rim. I think I figured out my problem, I lowered the jacks doing the front and rear 1st instead of left and right 1st. have not had any issues since knock on wood. I do appreciate it. I'm leaving Oregon on the 9th of apr.
Thank you for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
bruce, i live in paulden az,bout 120 miles from 4 corners. i go thru that way on my way to denver several times a year. if you need help, contact me at 602-549-3638. i can help. i do work for hwh as a technical sales rep.

Tags
itasca, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks