Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Help! This is third time out and I cannot get the leveling legs to go down. The right front light is on and all are up. Cannot get the on/off switch to even light up.

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Bayway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Help! This is third time out and I cannot get the leveling legs to go down. The right front light is on and all are up. Cannot get the on/off switch to even light up.

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Talked to HWH on the phone The coach had not been used for 5 weeks and the battery went down. Had to use boost to start. The low battery caused the HWH to malfunction. Kevin at HWH Kwickee had me remove the control panel and un plug all connections, wait about a minute and re connect all wires. The system re set and all is well.

Thought everyone would be interested in the fix. Just like rebooting your Direct TV box.

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Old Odyssey Toad
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Bayway ...

So that I understand your fix ... by "control panel" you mean the panel that says "HWH Leveling" with the up and down arrows and the indicator lights???

<span class="ev_code_Green">I may need your hint in the future ...</span>

Thanks ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skigramp:
Bayway ...

So that I understand your fix ... by "control panel" you mean the panel that says "HWH Leveling" with the up and down arrows and the indicator lights???

<span class="ev_code_Green">I may need your hint in the future ...</span>

Thanks ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had a similiar situation last year with our Kwikee leveler because of the starting battery going south. Kwikee explained that low voltage situations will cause the computer chip on the leveler control panel on the dash to go down and it needs to be reset in the manner described by the OP.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I'm confused. The title of the post said "Kwikee Level Best". But you called HWH? And apparently HWH handled your problem. Should I infer from this that Kwikee and HWH are the same company?
Chas
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Kwikwee is a division of HWH. And yes I was talking about the small panel that controls the leveling legs. I guess I need to get me a trickle charger to prevent this in the future.

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Old Odyssey Toad
Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 AM   #8
JC2
Winnie-Wise

We bought one of these after a similiar situation last year. Will work for those that keep their coach plugged in. A little pricey but efficient. Trik-L-Start
Old 04-18-2008, 06:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bayway:
Kwikwee is a division of HWH.
SNIP
Old Odyssey Toad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kwikee is listed as being owned by the Actuant company and HWH is not listed as one of Actuant's companies.
Where did you find out that HWH owns Kwikee?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I called HWH and they sent me to the Level Best Kwikee department to talk to a rep about my problem. So I just assumed they were the same company???

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Old Odyssey Toad
Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bayway:
I called HWH and they sent me to the Level Best Kwikee department to talk to a rep about my problem. So I just assumed they were the same company???

2005 Itasca Sunrise 33V
Old Odyssey Toad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They (HWH) are pretty nice people and may have just sent you to the right company without making any comment.