Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2019, 12:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leaky Level Best jacks

We have a 2004 Sunova and the Qwikee Level Best jacks are leaking, especially when they are down. I’ve taken them to a hydraulic shop and they say they are not serviceable. I called Lippert (the now own Qwickee) and Winnebago who both say they are not serviceable and would need to be replaced. Lippert quoted me a price of over $1,200 each! We’ve replaced hydraulic rams on numerous pieces of heavy equipment, and I’ve never seen a ram that is not serviceable. Has anybody replaced the seals on one of these jacks or know someplace that does?
tsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

seeing as you have hit a roadblock, I wonder if HWH in Moscow Iowa could help you..I hear they are very capable when it comes to RV systems...
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the tip.

I emailed HWH and am awaiting a response.
tsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have the same problem I have the level best 3000 system I need to get this fixed some how I live in south florida does anybody have any ideas where I can get this fixed front legs go up rear legs do not was told to release the pressure at the lines but they will still come done.so I need to weld them up.
tedskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The Kwikee Level Best Jacks are welded together. They "have" to be replaced and "not repairable by design, that said.

The Part number that Lippert gave my repair shop for the jacks 2005 SIghtseer 35J, Lippert part number is a 359278. I checked around for pricing and did find them for <$1,000 at etrailer ( not associated with them other than as a previous customer) I still find that price to be a little steep. I am currently getting 3 jacks replaced (courtesy of good sam extended warranty) right now. So I'm not biting the whole cost.

I also found a Hydraulic shop in Kentucky that has advised me they Can rebuild them.
Here is a blurb from them.

"The cost of a typical "leaking" down or piston by-pass (cylinder not holding load), the cost range from $350.00 to $400.00. This type of repair will require CUTTING the cylinder apart, hone the tube ID, replace all seals, re-weld the assembly, and pressure test with 3000 hydraulic oil. If there is additional damage to the outer tube or the chrome rod, the repair can range up to $500.00/$600.00."

They are
Custom Cylinders International, Inc.
Winchester, KY 40391
859-744-5544 Direct

Have not yet used them, Not affiliated with them. Just tossing info out from my research. Though I may to get the fourth one done.

I was supposed to leave for California last week, Still sitting on my """"""" waiting for my jacks to get done.

Stay Safe and Stable
Old 05-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2004 sightseer 33L and just this week replaced my front 2 best 3000 levels. I also got a price of 1200.00 each from Lippert. I called Lichtsinn RV in Iowa were I get a lot of my parts and there price was 619.00 each plus shipping. Had them installed took 2 hours of labor. He removed the wheel and he reach into the wheel well and 4 bolts removed 1 switch and 2 hose later its out. He put hose fitting switch and foot on new 1 from the bad 1 and reinstalled it, all is good. Now were ready trip at the end of summer to the north east and then back to FL before the cold weather. Hope the info helped.
Tony
Lake city FL
winno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

grandview

Thank You very much for that info.
I seems to me that some enterprising soul with a lathe and a welder and knowledge about rebuilding hyd cylinders could make some money !
grandview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

there is a " jumper " wire used for emergency retracting of the jacks.
Mine is called " LEVEL BEST EMERGENCY RETRACT HARNESS ".
It is a 4 plug fitting ( 4 wires ) going to a 2 wire plug fitting.
It's about 8 inches long.
I just bought a 2004 Sightseer and it has one.
grandview is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leak