Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leaking in closet slideout

Being new to this site, I may have asked this question before in the wrong place.
I am wondering if anyone who has a Winnebago Journey with the closet on the slide out has had a problem with it leaking. When I pulled something out of the closet, to my horror several items were moldy. I have cleaned it and put the dehumidifier in the closet but am afraid it may leak again, especially since we are hosting at a campground in the Pacific Northwest, where it is very wet in the fall/winter. I would appreciate any answer and thank you in advance.
turtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi ! Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help with your question!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

:welcome:
We are glad you joined us. Sorry I can't help with an answer to your question but hopefully some one will come along shortly with an answer to your question.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2 View Post
Being new to this site, I may have asked this question before in the wrong place.
I am wondering if anyone who has a Winnebago Journey with the closet on the slide out has had a problem with it leaking. When I pulled something out of the closet, to my horror several items were moldy. I have cleaned it and put the dehumidifier in the closet but am afraid it may leak again, especially since we are hosting at a campground in the Pacific Northwest, where it is very wet in the fall/winter. I would appreciate any answer and thank you in advance.
I have a 2012 36M with the same problem, my dealer has tried to fix it twice with no sucess

My problem is located in the bottom corners on both ends
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Would be helpful if you posted your year on your signature. Our 2004 never leaked.
Beabop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Is it wet on the corner to the outside of the coach or to the inside towards the front? In our old Endeavor the inside corner of our bedroom slide would get wet with heavy rain. I figured out that the slide seal which was essentially a flap was not facing out. Had to manually flip it out. Not sure about your model but some slides have a slightly U shaped vertical channel that runs from the inside edge to the outside edge of the slide. It is tilted down to the outside edge to redirect water that might run down the inside edge of the slide. This is just a guess on my part based on previous experience.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

A common issue with leaks around slides is the "wiper gaskets". They are designed to wipe on slide movement so should be facing out when the slide is fully open. Often they do not "flip" when the slide starts to move. Check these on your slide. If they are not pointed out when open, you could have water intrusion. I had a problem with mine not flipping and installed vertical weather stripping about 1" wide x 3/16" thick on both sides of the slide about 2" from the inside edge. This causes the wiper gasket to flip out when movement begins when the slide is opened. Might also check the corners on the gaskets to make sure they are OK - not ripped. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, slideout