Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leaking hydraulics...

Need to figure out what this is that's leaking and how to get it apart to fix it. I'm guessing it's a bad O'ring...

This is what I got:

This is the setup:

This is where she leaks when the room slide outs move:

If that doesn't make sense, I can take more pics.

mac 'dirty driveway' gyvr
Old 08-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Always worth a call to HWH, they will have any part you need and perhaps can help you figure out your problem.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'm not against calling them. At the very least, I'd like to be a little educated instead of saying the thingy below the thingy is leaking...

mac 'little thingy?' gyvr
Old 08-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

It certainly looks like a something or other to me! Perhaps send them the photos.

Wish I could offer more useful assistance, but I can't. HWH has been helpful to me in the past that's why I suggested it.

Good luck getting whatever they call it fixed!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Agree--looks like the o-ring on that solenoid is leaking--think I would try a slight tightening--might stop or slow it down. Be careful not to over tighten--like try a 1/4 turn--not a very specific definition I know. Last time I heard, wait time for a return service call from HWH was like 10 days--but they do eventually call back. Don't know if that has improved any.
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Not 100% sure what your slide room solenoids are, but my jack solenoids are RAP90729 and look like this:

As you can see, they just screw in/out. Should be easy to replace the O-rings, if that's what is bad.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I agree looks like the solenoid is leaking.
PJStough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We are camping over labor day, so after that trip, next chance I get I'm going to see if will turn. That would be great if it did. I have the harbor freight o-ring pack in the garage that I could probably find one that fits.

If I break it off, at least we have a few more weeks after that before our next get away...

mac 'it's never really that easy for me tho' gyvr
Old 08-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

"O" rings

There is an HWH parts guy in Indiana. The "O" rings you need are very special. They are a combination of Square and round section "O" rings and you need to take note of how they were assembled on the shaft. You can purchase a n "O" ring rebuild kit
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
There is an HWH parts guy in Indiana. The "O" rings you need are very special. They are a combination of Square and round section "O" rings and you need to take note of how they were assembled on the shaft. You can purchase a n "O" ring rebuild kit
Thanks for that. I do remember in searches now about seeing that. I think it's Stuart's Services in Elkhart, IN. I sent them an email.

I'll update if/when the leak is fixed.

mac 'hate hanging unresolved threads' gyvr
Old 08-25-2016, 04:31 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Stuart's emailed me back in no time at all. Gave me the part number for the special o-ring kit as #R7430 and it includes enough o-rings to do 8! solenoids...

I'll order it tomorrow and post here when it's fixed hopefully.

mac 'tackling one leak at a time' gyvr

Tags
hydraulic, hydraulics, leak