Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have read about others having leaks and I dreaded the day it would happen to us.

Well the day has arrived....

The water is actually visable running from the electrical outlet assembly (telephone jack, 12 volt power, 110 v receptacle)located inside of the door right next to the passanger seat. Also there was a water puddle at the base of the windshield center piller. When I moved the coach, a small amount of water dripped from the windshied trim above the passanger windshield. I don't have any water running down the insdie of the windshield, so I am tempted to say its not the windshield.

I took it to a repair shop and they caulked the joint above the passengers side window. Alas, this was not it.

I just read about the leaks some have suffered due to clearance light gaskets. I will check them as soon as it stops raining.

Has anyone else had water leaking in this area?
BuddyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have read about others having leaks and I dreaded the day it would happen to us.

Well the day has arrived....

The water is actually visable running from the electrical outlet assembly (telephone jack, 12 volt power, 110 v receptacle)located inside of the door right next to the passanger seat. Also there was a water puddle at the base of the windshield center piller. When I moved the coach, a small amount of water dripped from the windshied trim above the passanger windshield. I don't have any water running down the insdie of the windshield, so I am tempted to say its not the windshield.

I took it to a repair shop and they caulked the joint above the passengers side window. Alas, this was not it.

I just read about the leaks some have suffered due to clearance light gaskets. I will check them as soon as it stops raining.

Has anyone else had water leaking in this area?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have no leaks but do have the 35A -- 2006 Itasca Sunrise. What year is yours? Could it be coming from something mounted on the roof and running toward the front/right side. My Sat Dome is there as well as the Radio Antennae/TV Antennae.
I will be watching this post for future solutions.
Frank O.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Check the antenna, mine leaked because the antenna was not screwed down when the factory put it on. The sealent was the only thing keeping it on the roof!
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:51 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks FrankO. We have a 2005 Suncruiser. I have visually checked the seal arounf the awning wind sensor and all of the antennas.

I am going to take the clearance lights off today and re-caulk them with some silicon caulk.

I hope you avoid the dreaded leak problem.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Gene. We had monsoons here yesterday. It looks like we may have drier weather today. So it looks like I will be up on the roof again.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Check where the front upper cap is sealed to the sidewall, right at the end of the gutter/awning track. If you see even the slightest crack in the sealant, there is your problem. We have had to seal that edge on a number of units. Each time that solved the problem with water dripping from the plastic trim above the windshield and onto the dash.

The other leak may be as simple as making sure the drains on the side window are clear. Just remove the plastic covers on the lower edge of the window and blast a shot of air or water through the slot to clear any debris from the drain.
zertrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

the leak on the dash in the center was my marker lights. It only happened while driving in the rain.
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I also had the electrical outlet assembly (telephone jack, 12 volt power, 110 v receptacle) by the passenger seat getting wet. Discovered water was coming in through the felt window slide seal. There are drain holes on the outside of the window frame with plastic covers over them. The plastic covers had a little dirt in them that kept the felt channels from draining. The plastic covers are there to keep the drain holes from making a whistling sound when moving. Water was even more prevalent if the coach was tilted slightly to the drivers side. Cleaned them up and problem was gone.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I have applied all of the fixes that you guys suggested. No leaks with the hose. Now I need to wait for the monsoon rains to come back for the true test.