Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have been setting for 4 months in Fl, went to level the M/H and when I pushed the on/off pad the left rear went all the way extended and no other feature works. Un plug and replug control panel and same thing, called Kwikee in Or. and talked to tech and he said I need new control board.
Any similar experiences to note before I order new board.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have been setting for 4 months in Fl, went to level the M/H and when I pushed the on/off pad the left rear went all the way extended and no other feature works. Un plug and replug control panel and same thing, called Kwikee in Or. and talked to tech and he said I need new control board.
Any similar experiences to note before I order new board.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Several months ago after changing batteries, our jacks would not work period. It is my understanding from reading other posts and obtaining info from the Kwikee website that the small computer board on the back of the switch will sometimes have a hiccup and forget things and has to be reset. Remove the (4) screws holding the Kwikee panel and remove. On the back of the panel are I believe (2) connections that will just pull off. Leave disconnected for about 2-3 minutes, then reconnect and reinstall the switch plate. Start the rig up and then see if your jacks work properly.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had a similar problem with my 2004 Sightseer 35N. Changing the control panel fixed it. Help desk sent one at no charge.

See "pace89" posts -Topic "Kwikee Levelers"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RON55:
Any similar experiences to note before I order new board. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
pace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

In the 18 months I've had my Sightseer, I've had 2 occasions where the jacks have not functioned properly. Once they just failed completely with no lights at all on the panel, and the second time the "auto" function wouldn't work but they worked on manual. On both occasions, rebooting the board by unplugging the power for a minute or so fixed the problem.

If that doesn't work, then yes, you may need a new board. I hope you get your issue resolved soon--keep us informed.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have identical problem on my 2004 Sightseer. I contacted Kwikee and they sent me a new control module. Unfortunately, the problem persists in that the left rear will power down as far as I let it (I turn unit off before goint too far). When I push all up, all 4 will cycle up. The parking brake light on the panel is not illuminated. No probs with parking brake so this is a mystery to me. Any help appreciated. TW in Atlanta
thirsty red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

see post above. Any help appreciated. Thirsty Red.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thirsty red:
see post above. Any help appreciated. Thirsty Red. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried the reset as detailed above by JC2?

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I ended up getting a new circuit board from Linst. motors, forest city and cost of over $300., now works ok
Old 10-16-2008, 01:55 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the info. Do you have contact number etc. for these folks. I do not know of a Linst.

Also, my Kwikee is still under warranty for parts (5yr). Did you try to get Kwikee to help you with replacement module first?

Thanks again.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Gary - Thanks for your note. Yes, I tried the procedure described by JCL many many time over the past 18 months. Still same problem - even with new control board. Perplexed for sure. Thanks for keeping this alive! Thirsty Red - Atlanta GA - Winnebago Sightseer 2004 30B
Old 10-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Thirsty, I think the reference is to the sponsor listed at the top of the forum (Lichtsinn).
Old 11-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RON55:
I ended up getting a new circuit board from Linst. motors, forest city and cost of over $300., now works ok </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My board went out recently so I called Kwikee directly. They warrant their product for 5 years so sent me a replacement at no charge.

When the coach was new, the solonoid valves were plugged with aluminum shavings, not sure from where. But I had to disassemble several times and clean them out. They would get stuck open and the offending leg would operate regardless of which button you pushed.

Kwikee sent me a board way back then too, but it turned out to be plugged valves. Seems to me they sent me a couple of those too, or they were going to if I could't get them cleaned out.

I learned the inner workings of that system, through and through!

Kwikee customer service is the best of the best. However on my last call, they weren't going to sell me any parts, only refer me to a dealer. That is, 'till they realized it was still under warranty.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote