Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi everyone. Just arrived at our campsite (in the rain) and the Kwikee jacks are not working. No lights at all on the panel. Is there a fuse somewhere that might have blown, or do we spend the next couple of days rockin' and rollin'?

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi everyone. Just arrived at our campsite (in the rain) and the Kwikee jacks are not working. No lights at all on the panel. Is there a fuse somewhere that might have blown, or do we spend the next couple of days rockin' and rollin'?

Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

sorry if this to easy,, do you have the parking brake set.

just that i have been there done that

good luck

05 Sightseer 34A
rvdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yep, first thing I checked. I wonder if the parking brake sensor (or whatever dohickie is involved) could be the culprit?

Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Well the trouble shooting guide for NO Lights, etc. states to be sure parking break is set and ignition key is in ACC or engine is running. Also it does mention the the coach has to be in park. The install guide only mentions a fuseable link coming off the coach (engine) batt to power the controler. Maybe give them a call 800-736-9961. Good luck, let us know what you find.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Have you checked the restable fuses inside and outside already? You can try to check the wiring under the control panel, but I seem to recall the fuses were not located there.

If you got your Coach.net info give them a call a service tech should be able to walk you through and diagnose the problem.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I had a similar problem. Kwikee overnighted a new board which I installed. Very easy.
Dennis
DennisLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I checked all the fuse panels I could find (under the "hood", near drivers left foot and in the propane tank compartment) and couldn't find anything labeled for the jack system. There is a 3 amp fuse on the circuit board, but it is OK.

I'm going to be back home on Thursday, so I'll call Kwikee then as I have no cellphone reception here, and just live with the rocking for a couple of days.

Thanks to everyone for their advise.

Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I've had the keyboard replaced twice in my rig. Once for no automatic levelling and once for a lack of power. At the shop they initially unplugged and replugged the connections and the power came back on. Mysterious

2006 Itasca 33V
roaminhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

You may have a ground post on frame under front bumper with a bunch of white wires on it the wires come from your control selinoids for jacks check them out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roaminhome:
I've had the keyboard replaced twice in my rig. Once for no automatic levelling and once for a lack of power. At the shop they initially unplugged and replugged the connections and the power came back on. Mysterious </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try that, but we are heading home tomorrow, so I'll do it when we get back. I'd hate to have the power come on to put the jacks down and then have it fail again tomorrow morning and not be able to raise them again!

Fortunately we are in the most level site we have ever encountered, and the rocking isn't too bad except when someone comes in or out using the outside steps. Kinda like the good olde days before jacks became standard.

Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Today I checked the Kwikee website, and it said (in the FAQs) that sometimes the control panel, which is in effect like a small dedicated computer, needs to be rebooted if it fails. I pulled the wires at the back, waited a minute, plugged everything back in, and now it works. I should have thought to go to their website first!

Electronics these days are all very high tech. I was told by my cellphone provider that even they should be turned off for a minute every week or so to reboot and clear any errors.

Jeep Wrangler
Old 03-04-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Gary, we are having the same promblem on our 07 voyage. what wires, or group of wires did/do you unplug to reset/reboot controler? there seems to be about 3 different connections.
buildergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buildergirl:
Gary, we are having the same promblem on our 07 voyage. what wires, or group of wires did/do you unplug to reset/reboot controler? there seems to be about 3 different connections. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't sure which ones to disconnect, so I just pulled all three plugs. They disconnect easily and can only go back one way, so it's not a problem. I left them unplugged for about a minute, then reconnected and everything worked perfectly. Good luck--I hope it's as simple a fix for you as it was for e.

Jeep Wrangler
Old 08-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to sh1seadad Send a message via MSN to sh1seadad Send a message via Yahoo to sh1seadad
Gary I'm having the same problem with my jacks I will try to unplug the control panel an see if that works for me
sh1seadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to sh1seadad Send a message via MSN to sh1seadad Send a message via Yahoo to sh1seadad
Tried it and it worked
sh1seadad is offline   Reply With Quote