Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Keyless Entry Keypad

Hey Folks,
We have a 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40 TD. It came with a keyless entry system made by Specific Climate Systems and the keypad by the passenger's door is not working. I have the manual and it said if when any number is pressed and no lights come on in the keypad, {and there's 12 volts DC between the Black & White wire} the keypad is bad and needs to be replaced. I contacted Winnebago and they said that Specific Climate Systems, who manufactured it, is no longer in business and they have no access to a replacement keypad. They do have a new Tri-Mark keyless entry, but it would involve pulling new wires and be labor intensive. They suggested that I disconnect the power and see if that would "reset" things. I tired that, it didn't and now I'm looking for anyone who knows where I might find someone who remanufactures these keypads or if there's a Ebay offering.

The keypad has what I believe is part number 203-6907 REV B, serial number:
1938315 and Winnebago part number: 151458-02-000 (?).

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

One thing you could try is to remove the keypad and clean the contacts on the connector/plug on the rear. This has fixed things for some folks.

If I remember correctly the two half-round covers on either end of the keypad slide off to expose the mounting screws. When I put mine back on I used some silicone sealer under it to keep any water out.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Chris,
I did remove the keypad and disconnect the plug for a few minutes (connections looked brand new with no corrosion) and retried it, but still nothing. Now I'm hoping to find a keypad for sale either used or remanufactured. It was manufactured by SPS {Specific Climate Systems} who are out of business.
Any advice on where I may check would be greatly apprieciated. No luck on Ebay and such.
Thanks Again
Old 09-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I know that Winnebago now uses a Trimark system, and my understanding is that they have a wiring harness adapter to let you connect it up to your existing wiring for the locks. I would give Winnebago a call and ask them about it.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I spoke with trimark directly they were very helpful (different problem than yours) but they made the harness i needed , I would call and talk to then directly
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Have you found a solution to your keypad problem? Ours has quit unlocking but will lock. I think TriMark is the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv12 View Post
Hey Folks,
We have a 2007 Winnebago Vectra 40 TD. It came with a keyless entry system made by Specific Climate Systems and the keypad by the passenger's door is not working. I have the manual and it said if when any number is pressed and no lights come on in the keypad, {and there's 12 volts DC between the Black & White wire} the keypad is bad and needs to be replaced. I contacted Winnebago and they said that Specific Climate Systems, who manufactured it, is no longer in business and they have no access to a replacement keypad. They do have a new Tri-Mark keyless entry, but it would involve pulling new wires and be labor intensive. They suggested that I disconnect the power and see if that would "reset" things. I tired that, it didn't and now I'm looking for anyone who knows where I might find someone who remanufactures these keypads or if there's a Ebay offering.

The keypad has what I believe is part number 203-6907 REV B, serial number:
1938315 and Winnebago part number: 151458-02-000 (?).

Thanks in advance for any help!
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Harv12, I'm assuming that you've tried re-programming it. If not, that's worth a try. This thread has info how to do that: How to reprogram my Keyless Entry

Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Have you tried these guys?? They seem to have just about everything Winnebago...
Winnebago Parts - Official Winnebago Parts and Accessories Catalog
tbomn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hey Jerry,

No, we haven't solved the keypad issue. A new Tri-Mark system is probably the answer for us. The folks at Tri-Mark said it would require a wiring harness and that the their keypad is a little larger than the original requiring the hole in the side of coach to be enlarged. Now that we've ended our 3 month trip, we can really look into the difficulty/cost of the new system or finding a used keypad at salvage yard that has RV parts.
From what you describe, your problem is different from ours. Does your hand held "key-fob" work the locks correctly? Ours does; it's just the keypad outside the coach that doesn't work.
If you haven't tried the reprogramming, that would be where I would start.
Best of luck.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv12 View Post
Hey Jerry,

No, we haven't solved the keypad issue. A new Tri-Mark system is probably the answer for us. The folks at Tri-Mark said it would require a wiring harness and that the their keypad is a little larger than the original requiring the hole in the side of coach to be enlarged. Now that we've ended our 3 month trip, we can really look into the difficulty/cost of the new system or finding a used keypad at salvage yard that has RV parts.
From what you describe, your problem is different from ours. Does your hand held "key-fob" work the locks correctly? Ours does; it's just the keypad outside the coach that doesn't work.
If you haven't tried the reprogramming, that would be where I would start.
Best of luck.
The keypad and module for my unit is the same one that Ford Vehicles use. You might want to check into this....it may be the same one for your vehicle. When using the Ford Module, the only thing that has to be changed is the harness plug to fit the one in my coach.
It'd be worth looking in to, it (the Ford Keypad) might work for you too.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

There are several other threads on the site, most from a couple years ago but they talk about the malfunctions, and where to get a replacement which comes with a adaptor so it will connect to the old harness from the coach. I am having trouble with my 2005 Horizon and am just starting down the path of fixing it, or just disabling it and moving on. Our keypad continues to blink, shut off for a time, and then relight for about 15 seconds, then repeats the cycle. Also, doesn't seem to respond so can't reset it, or use it. Good luck!
harmstrong17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Ours has been replaced with the TriMark system and it's been working great, use it all the time instead of using the keyfob.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

From all that I have read on this subject in the last two years on a number of forums there are only two remedies. One, use the Trimark parts or two, just use a key. As I understand it, if you are handy the Trimark retrofit is a DIY project. If not handy you will have to pay for the install. Personally, I have opted for the key method. It would appear Winnebago went for the lowest bidder as there have been reliable keyless entry systems in the vehicle market for over 40 years and we wound up with a system that is extremely unreliable.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago disconnected the keyless (keypad) entry door access on our 2008 Vectra at the factory -- while unit was still under warranty -- and explained that the supplier had gone out of business and the suppliers keyless entry systems were no longer supported by Winnebago. Helluva answer coming from the folks that built the motorhome and supposedly "stand by their product"?

I've contacted their Customer Service folks several times and have gotten no where -- finally gave up. We use the remote on the key fob.