Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Journey front cap removal

It appears my Journey is the Poster Child for all others: If any two Journeys have a problem, mine will join the mob. Case in point, a leaking heater core. I have removed the front clip, not really that hard. My wife and the neighbor lady helped me set it up on saw horses. The magic of Winnebago bonding means that one mounting bracket was off completely, the metal screw strip on the driver side off completely, and the other mounting bracket and the washer bottle bracket were held on only by the little squirts of bonding agent that sqoosh through the holes
I was planning on removal anyway, as I want to drop the generator for service. At 1600+ hours and 17 years, it has served well and new hoses and belt, etc are due. We plan a trip to Alaska next summer, and I want to be ready. SMLRanger and others have posted helpful tips on these tasks, and information plus being too cheap to pay someone gives me strength.

Tags
front cap, journey, removal