Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Jensen radio?

Newbie here. Just brought home a new 1700bh. (Newly retired couple).
Our Jensen 70A radio.
What zone controls what area of the TT. The radio’s volume controls seem to be limited.
When using the DVD player, I’ve only been able to go up so high on the TVs volume and the radios volume.
I’ve looked on line and at YouTube for answers but can’t seem to find any. Found info on replacing internal speakers but again volume seems to have a “governor” or “restrictor” which stops the output and displays a false increase in volume. The numbers flash on the screen but the volume has ceased to increase. (Sorry this explanation seems kinda twisted.... getting up there &#128556

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and answer.

Oh, BTW was there supposed to be a ladder that comes with the bunk house, prep guy said he didn’t know and that if it was not listed with salesman (in another town so couldn’t check or reach him by phone) then no. True?
Elk River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Jensen stereos are sold by ASA Electronics. They have a website with some help and info:

Here's the manual for operating the JWM70A stereo:

https://www.asaelectronics.com/downl...ers_manual.pdf

Here's a link to the product page at their website.

https://www.asaelectronics.com/jense...nt-stereo.html

I'm not sure if this applies to what you are doing, but if you're using the stereo with with your phone or tablet via bluetooth you have to turn up the volume on your device then the radio volume control will more accurately respond.

Also, this stereo has it's own phone app (jControl app) so you can use your phone as a remote control.

Also, this stereo has both fixed RCA output and variable RCA output (rear) and perhaps it's been wired incorrectly and is using the fixed output. That's a long shot, but it's possible.

It has 3 speaker zones and each can have it's own volume level control too.

Hope this helps. If all else fails, call ASA Electronics tech support M-F 7am to 6pm Central time at: 877-845-8750
Old 04-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you, Creativepart. I read your reply before driving to the city where the sales lot is located. Spoke to the very helpful and concerned sales manager; and another salesman who wanted to be helpful in fixing the radio. Theirs worked. On way home, a 90 minute drive, I got to thinking about the possibility that the Jensen was using what I call, “1970s technology” (like my Livio Radio) I”fixed” my problem, apparently I need to turn off the volume to all other zones when using the zone I want to use. In other words, if using zone B then I need to go to zone A and C and turn those zone volumes to zero. I looked at the info flyer and this process is not mentioned. I informed the salesmen and they appreciated the info. The pick up lot is 30 miles away. If the young man who prepared and showed us the workings of the trailer mentioned it to us, it went right by me. Anyhow, THANK YOU for your quick response; as a new to the TT lifestyle it makes me feel a part of this community.
Elk River is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio