Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Jack problems

I have a 03 Suncruiser, 35u. WH chassis. Hwh 310 series slide and jack system. The control panel has lights and shows leveling but won,t power up or down or store. The slides work ok. I had to release the jacks manually. I,m trying to find the control box to check for blown fuses but am having no luck. Anyone have an idea where that control box is? I just managed to make the ferry from Juneau to Haines this morning after figuring out how to release the pressure on the jacks. I know your not supposed to use the slides without the jacks and am not looking forward to not using my jacks or slides. Not a lot of repair shops here. thanks- John
pattcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

John, it's okay to use your slides without the jacks down as long as the coach is level enough for the fridge. I do it very often.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

The parking brake needs to be engaged and sometimes even though you push the pedal down it may not be lined up. Just a thought.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for that. I was kind of thinking the same thing but wasn,t sure. I wonder if it would hurt if you only had them half way out?
Old 06-20-2015, 05:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

John - my control box is mounted to the pump/solenoids/tank assembly on the end of the tank. It's about 6"x6" and about 2"deep. One end has a plexiglass cover and you can see the fuses and diagnostic lights through it. The cover is secured to the box with a rubber collar. You can peel the rubber collar off and remove the plexiglass panel to access the fuses. Kind of a bear getting that rubber collar back on, but it's doable.

I'm sure your location is different than mine (mine would be in your engine bay), but since you've located the solenoids, the control box should be nearby. Good luck...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My pump/solenoids/tank assembly doesn,t have the control box in the same location. I,ve been under this rig so many times I would have thought I would have seen it but not the case. Lot of 35u,s out there so somebody must know.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I use my slides with and without the jacks extended and I don't worry about the refrigerator.

The refrigerator will be fine with or without jacks.

Back in the olden days 30 years ago the refrigerators had to be level. Modern day ones like yours work fine and are a lot more tolerant with uneven operation.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I'm stretching my memory but on my 01 35u Chieftain , I think the control box was on the ceiling of a passenger compartment aft of the door.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I believe I found it but can,t really access it. It appears to be behind the parking brake pedal tucked up in the corner under the dash. It looks like its held in with a velcro strap because it would have to be moved to get to it. All the wiring harnesses are in front of it so you can barely see it . I think rather than risk pulling some wiring off trying to check a fuse that probably isn,t the problem I,ll wait untill I get up around Anchorage and see if I can find a repair shop that might deal in HWH. I have the slides out and its level so for now thats the best I can do. I appreciate the quick responses, I,ll get back with outcome when I get it in to a shop.- Thanks- John
Old 06-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

On my 07 Adventurer W24 chassis the HWH control box is mounted to the outside of the frame rail below and just in back of the drivers seat. You can see it easily when you extend the streetside slideout. It has a clear plexiglass cover and LED lights. BTW, I doubt your control box is mounted with velcro since it needs solid mounting to sense level.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
typerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Its got a strap around it holding it to the bulkhead. Not sure why. But I wanted to check the pump fuse in the back until I realized the pump is working for the slides so it can,t be that. Next step was the jack relay but I don,t know where to check for that and wouldn,t really know how to check it anyway.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Here's a link to a previous thread that may assist.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/hwh-...on-207254.html

Old 06-22-2015, 12:16 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Cliff- That thread led me to that 40 amp fuse in the front by the pump and solenoids. The fuse holder was full of water and the fuse was bad. Great place for a fuse. That fixed my problem. But not before i spent the afternoon getting to that control box to check the fuses, which were good. Really sad to place that box in an unreachable position as other threads have noted. Anyway thanks again to all and I,ll keep my fingers crossed the rest of the trip.- John
Old 06-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

pattcook...Thanks for keeping us updated on what cured the problem.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:08 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattcook View Post
Thanks Cliff- That thread led me to that 40 amp fuse in the front by the pump and solenoids. The fuse holder was full of water and the fuse was bad. Great place for a fuse. That fixed my problem. But not before i spent the afternoon getting to that control box to check the fuses, which were good. Really sad to place that box in an unreachable position as other threads have noted. Anyway thanks again to all and I,ll keep my fingers crossed the rest of the trip.- John

You're welcome. Thanks for updating us and glad it's all good now.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

just for future reference, A & M rv center in anchorage is a good repair center.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote