Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Itasca 40AD Slide Problem

2004 Itasca 40AD

When I ran my long kitchen and sofa slide out at the campground a strip of "plastic"/"Nylon" that the slide appears to glide on came partially out about 1 foot is showing and is badly crunched where it is pinched between slide and RV frame. I am not sure what I should do does anyone have an insight.

I am also going to check with Winnebago and dealer but I have learned a lot from the group and would appreciate and help available.

Craig
Margaritaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our slide, same one, is in need of major repair. Something bound up and the main rail is bent badly. We have been leaving it in for a couple weeks. We are going to HWH in IA in 2 weeks to get it fixed. We figured it was a good idea to get it done there because they make the parts themselves. It's only a couple hours away from the Winnebago factory and we're going to the GNR in July so we are taking advantage of the proximity to tour the middle states, WI, MI and MN.

Our slide worked great for a long time. Don't know what caused this damage but they can fix anything there. They have 50A electric too and a place to dump and fill.

Good luck!
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Oh by the way. Here's a link to the HWH Corp.
HWH Customer Service
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My slide is doing the exact thing. Have searched the posts and couldn't find anything similar. I would be interested in what you find for a solution.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the insight, I talked to both the dealer and Cornerstone the warranty company and feel fairly certain that it is just the glide pad torn away from its bolts. Now why can only be answered by removing entire slide as I understand it. Should be covered by Cornerstone.

By the way any trouble with the weld next to your bedroom slide? I have found 2 other 04 units experiencing the same problem I have in that location.

Craig
Old 07-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo View Post
My slide is doing the exact thing. Have searched the posts and couldn't find anything similar. I would be interested in what you find for a solution.
The MH is finally in the repair bay for a Wall problem and sometime next week they are scheduled to fix the slide.
Craig
Old 07-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Craig or Eric, any updates? Our 2005 Horizon 40AD drivers slide glides are crumbling. I have it at a local shop and they sound concerned about trying the repair after talking with HWH. Also courious if your warranty is covering Craig?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Shade Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaritaman View Post
The MH is finally in the repair bay for a Wall problem and sometime next week they are scheduled to fix the slide.
Craig
So far the insurance has not been willing to pay. So the ball is in my court and I said fix it.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaritaman View Post
So far the insurance has not been willing to pay. So the ball is in my court and I said fix it.
That is what I am afraid of. I recall reading something in our warranty about not covering normal wear and tear. Which is what HWH has told local repair shop.
Shade Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

HWH repaired before notifying Good Sam so it didn't get covered. They said it was the first time they ever denied a claim for that reason.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Update slide and wall problem

I just came from McClain’s RV in Rockwall Texas after looking at the work they have done on my damaged sidewall just in front of the bedroom slide it looks fabulous. The color blending appears to be perfect and the support they put in the wall should eliminate further flexing. Note: upon removal of the fiberglass in the damaged area we found that this had been repaired before but no support had been added.
They are about to tackle the damage to the main slide behind the driver’s seat to replace the Nylon glide that tore up and came out on my last trip. The Body shop foreman and his assistant are very competent and I have confidence that that will also work out well. I found out that Cornerstone is reconsidering the claim and may cover the repair. I sure hope so.
I also can recommend the service department. The service foreman and his crew are also very good.
Bottom line I would recommend these guys. The Service manager and his assistants are very good to work with and have done everything they can to keep me informed and satisfied.

Craig Matthews aka “Margaritaman”
2004 Itasca Horizon AD

Tags
itasca, slide