Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Insulation blowing out air condition vents.

2012 Adventurer 37F. Just started seeing pieces large and small of silver foil blowing out the vents and some stuck in the duct channel mostly when using the rear unit. Should I be alarmed, that this could cause damaged or a fire.I did take the shroud cover off the unit, but the housing is pretty well sealed,(a lot of screws and putty tape on the seams). Everything works fine except for the loose particles all over the place. And thanks for the replys to my last post changed the check valve on the water heater all OK.
Steve.
steve4539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

It may be nothing or it may be a mouse building a nest for the winter. I would set a trap up in the vent with a string tied to it. If nothing bites in a few days it is probably nothing to worry about. My daughter had a nest in her A/C duct in a travel trailer with a roof mounted air conditioner. I can't figure out how the mice could climb up to the roof and then get down into a duct through a blower motor.
LEHAFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It's probably scrap that was left in the ducts. Mine blew out sawdust for several weeks until I removed one of the front vents and found a huge pocket of sawdust that had collected there. I remove that by hand.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We still have silver foil blowing out of the A/C ducts, but no issues because of it.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2012 Itasca Meridian and also have had pieces of silver tape blowing out of the ducts. Not sure if I need to worry about either.
Bill chr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We had the silver foil pieces for the first year or so, finally have stopped coming out. There have been earlier threads about it as well.
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

My friend has a 2011 Ellispe. It is a known problem. If you go to Forest City they will pull the a/c and pull out the remaining foil pieces. They were used to line the inside of the Coleman a/c's but either the glue doesn't hold or they got dusty during the assembly process. In any event it is not anything to worry about and will eventually stop. Winnebago does not replace the foil; it really isn't needed. Not to worry.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Insulation blowing out

Thanks to everyone for their input nice to know it's not a major problem. Every now and then, I hear a rumbling sound and a few foil pieces come flying out the vents. I guess eventually it will all blow out. Thanks again Steve.
steve4539 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent