Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #21
Cat
Winnebago Camper

I also added a 12v fan,very similar to the ones being shown in the photos. The fan has three speeds is remote controlled forward and reverse and does not move enough air for me. It turns at 166 rpm in high speed which sounds fast- and is what the specification calls for. But it just does'nt move enough air almost, but not enough. If I have the time and the money I will pull it out and put in a 120v ac fan.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

ceiling fan

We have a 2001 adventurer, no BR slide so no clearance issues. We got a wireless remote fan from CW and installed in place of the overhead light. No extra anything, we just replaced the light with the fan. As stated earlier, it only weighs about 3#. Been running perfectly for 5 years and 40K miles with no problems.
It really makes a difference if you are dry camping and need some moving air for cooling. We felt this if one of the best additions we made to the coach. I wondered if the fan would eventually work loose or sag, but so far it has not moved at all.
SeaRay
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I also added a 12v fan,very similar to the ones being shown in the photos. The fan has three speeds is remote controlled forward and reverse and does not move enough air for me. It turns at 166 rpm in high speed which sounds fast- and is what the specification calls for. But it just does'nt move enough air almost, but not enough. If I have the time and the money I will pull it out and put in a 120v ac fan.
my 12v ceiling fan moves the most air when run in reverse.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

I'm watching the replies, as I want to install a ceiling fan in my 2007 38T Suncruiser. I was told to find a beam, but, I don't find anything close. If I could, I use the current light wiring, with, a remote. There has to be a way?
Candoitoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

CAT - It might be easier to put a washer between the fan and the holder (on the low side), thereby increasing the angle of the blade. A ten minute/zero cost job which should move more air. Worth a shot!
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candoitoo View Post
I'm watching the replies, as I want to install a ceiling fan in my 2007 38T Suncruiser. I was told to find a beam, but, I don't find anything close. If I could, I use the current light wiring, with, a remote. There has to be a way?
did you read my posts #3 and #18 in this thread?
our fan is still working well for us.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

DAN L --- I did read your post several times, but, I don't want to mount a plate on the outside of the ceiling. However, I still considering my options. Thanks for the information.
Candoitoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, fan