Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Thumbs down Innomax air bed leaking air.

Has anybody had the occasion to find, replace or fix an air leak on this brand?

It's still under warrantee and the manufacture will send replacement parts.

We have a 2012 Tour and there is no way to lift the board(?) it sits on.

Air goes from 50 to 6 in about an hour. DW upset, how do I get to the pump, etc.;.

Thanks, Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Kerry, I found that with our Innomax that the leak down issue was the Female air hose connectors. They are very cheaply made and the locking bars break thus leaking. As to lifting the bed up it is probably screwed down still, being as no one has had to raise and repair anything under it. What I did to cure my leak down issues was I went to the web site "airbedsunlimited.com" and for $49 a pair bought their "Cam-Locks" female fittings that are a direct replacement for the Innomax ones and are VASTLY improved over the original ones. For the cost I didn't even worry about the warranty thing.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Kerry
I too had some leaking issues. Here's what I've learned through this forum.

1. The bed is much lighter if I remove the quilt and sheets.
2. Anyone (or a 2x4 or a large handle) can help hold the bed in place for a little while. I trust the person more than the props.
3. The connectors do leak sometimes.
4. The mattress can leak where the hose exits the mattress to go down to the pump (near the mattress). This is where my leak was and I discovered it with a bottle of soapy water.
5. CALL EDNA. SHE IS CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR INNOMAX.
tel:1-800-466-6629

If you have the time, she will walk you through diagnosing your leak, then arrange to send you the part(s).

Good Luck
Old 02-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks guys..I do have Edna's # and talked to her.

This may be a little more serious as my (non-leaking) side has a dead controller.

In any event we are at the Good Sam Rally in Phoenix (2900 RV's) and can't do anything until next week.

Sincerely, Kerry
Old 02-28-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Kerry, to check controllers...switch the ports that they enter the pump at so that you can test them. Your dead controller should switch sides if it is truly dead.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Kerry, we have a 2015 Sightseer and our Innomax was leaking on one side of the king size mattress. We found that where the air line came out of the mattress was where the leak was. The slit in the mattress cover did not line up with the the outlet on the mattress. During the installation the air line was looped to make it easier to get through the mattress cover. That put too much stress on the mattress outlet and a leak occurred. Edna at Innomax ship us a new mattress immediately. I cut the slit about 1 inch longer in the mattress cover and then the air line had no stress on it. The best customer service we have ever had, we love the mattress. Thank you Edna and Innomax
miketn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Edna retired from Innomax last year. Innomax now has a customer service representative in Forest City, Iowa. His name is Dave Chandler, (641) 581-2121, and email address of [email protected]. Dave recently helped me out by having a replacement air chamber shipped to me by FedEx to replace an air chamber that was leaking air in our 2014 Meridian 42E king size bed. Dave provided outstanding customer support. The warranty is on this bed part was three years so there was no cost to me.
ChiefC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I apologize for not giving "The rest of the story". On the way to Iowa, we stopped in at the main store in Denver, CO. They were waiting for us and through Edna all was made well. Still works to this day.

As an aside, found placing a 2x4" at head of bed on the rails helped the slow start when raising the bed for travel.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Glad everyone's experience has been positive. We also paid extra for the Innomax mattress the right side won't hold air over several days duration. One hose leaks down and still under warranty. I was told to purchase a tube of superglue and glue the fitting in place. No we do not get a new hose!!!!

I let it leak down and refill as needed, great product!
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:33 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Tarasparents like a mentioned in an earlier post go to "airbeds.com and get the improved "Cam-Lock-Connectors" @ $49 a pair. They solve the leaking caused by the cheap factory female locking connectors.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
I apologize for not giving "The rest of the story". On the way to Iowa, we stopped in at the main store in Denver, CO. They were waiting for us and through Edna all was made well. Still works to this day.

As an aside, found placing a 2x4" at head of bed on the rails helped the slow start when raising the bed for travel.
Are you saying Innomax has a parts store here in Denver? I busted a port on my pump when the hose got caught in the slide. Need it fixed my Mothers Day if I can.

On Edit - just found it! and they are open today!
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak