Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I'm on a roll....

what the heck (see my other posts)....we are returning from a 3 month trip to the SW and are presently at a SP in Oregon before the last push home to Whidbey Island on Monday. I took a look at the bottom of the big full wall slide and there are seven rub marks...the one in the picture is the worse....glad the trip is ending since who knows when the slide will fail...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide marks.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	89182  
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Ouch! Keep us posted on what's going on once you get it figured out!
Old 03-23-2015, 08:11 PM   #3

is this the lippert slide system, if so looks like the rollers r not rolling
spanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanuts View Post
is this the lippert slide system, if so looks like the rollers r not rolling
Yes, Schwintek....suspect the rollers as well
Old 04-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I got a response back from WGO after contacting them with the pictures 3 weeks ago...

Jim –

Winnebago Industries regrets any difficulties you have experienced with your Adventurer. Our sincere desire is to provide quality products and service to all Winnebago owners.

The spots that you are seeing would be considered normal wear.

We have your list on file and intend to bring the motor home within factory specifications either through our dealer network, or when you come to the factory for your scheduled appointment.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-537-1885.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My larger slider has similar rubbing, by to a much lower degree. I thought too that the slide must be shifting slightly and rubbing on the rollers. I checked the rollers and they look good and the slide seems to work well. Let us know if any adjustments are made.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrtracr View Post
My larger slider has similar rubbing, by to a much lower degree. I thought too that the slide must be shifting slightly and rubbing on the rollers. I checked the rollers and they look good and the slide seems to work well. Let us know if any adjustments are made.
Good to know thanks...my smaller bedroom slide shows no wear at all...do you have another smaller slide in your floor plan?
Old 04-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have a Vista 30T. Right now. only the larger slide (~10-11' long) has the wear marks. The two smaller slides (~7' long) don't show the same pattern. When I accelerate from a stop light, I sometimes hear what I perceive are the slide(s) shifting slightly. I'm thinking that while traveling down the road, road vibrations may be making the slide shift continually causing the wear marks.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:45 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrtracr View Post
I have a Vista 30T. Right now. only the larger slide (~10-11' long) has the wear marks. The two smaller slides (~7' long) don't show the same pattern. When I accelerate from a stop light, I sometimes hear what I perceive are the slide(s) shifting slightly. I'm thinking that while traveling down the road, road vibrations may be making the slide shift continually causing the wear marks.
Yes I have the same experience while either braking very hard or taking off from a stop light...
Thanks for your input!

Jim
Old 04-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Hey Jim, please take a look at the paint patterns with the slides closed. Are they matching correctly? One of my slides had settled over time and I needed to adjust it. All seems to be well now but I do check them from time to time.

I have travel locks which help to keep the tops of the slides tight when traveling. Do you have locks?

A trip to Forest City is not a bad idea. Join WIT now to get discounts in the store and make an appointment. You need 30 days for the WIT discount to be activated.

Rick Y
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

I was looking at the paint on the side of our coach and I thought the slides had dropped but after looking closer the trim had moved. Some of the trim move up and some of it move down. On the list to put some sealer at the top sides of the trim.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:12 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
I was looking at the paint on the side of our coach and I thought the slides had dropped but after looking closer the trim had moved. Some of the trim move up and some of it move down. On the list to put some sealer at the top sides of the trim.
At the rear termination of one of my trim strips I noticed, some time ago, that it was loose. In my examining of the problem I discovered that it was missing a retainer. I have no idea how to identify the missing part by name or part #. I used a bit of the Henry 212 as a "temporary" fix. You know how that goes. I need to re-apply the stuff to keep the temporary in place.

I hope your coach is not missing many of these retainers. As I recall, it looks like a specialty screw thingy.

Hope you figure out your problem before it becomes trouble.

Rick Y