Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Just got home from a trip, pulled in the back yard extended the jacks, LR slide and the bedroom slide quit half way out. I have clicking at the dashboard when I touch the pad, I can hear a relay but seems the pump isn't going. I checked my manual and see there's a control box for the hydraulics with fuses but I have no clue where to find it. Anyone?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just got home from a trip, pulled in the back yard extended the jacks, LR slide and the bedroom slide quit half way out. I have clicking at the dashboard when I touch the pad, I can hear a relay but seems the pump isn't going. I checked my manual and see there's a control box for the hydraulics with fuses but I have no clue where to find it. Anyone?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Just spoke to Winnebago. He says my coach built in 2001 has all the fuses in line right near the pump. I have power going into one side of each solenoid. Jusst need a helper to cclick the buttons inside to go to the next step.

Update: called my service guy and they sent out a tech. He says the pump is frozen. Solenoids had power and energized when called for. He helped me get the slides in and tomorrow we make an appointment for the repair.Neat this Winnebago has that cranks the slide in like a winch.

There goes my August!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Just wondering, has anyone else had this failure before?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

i had to tap the pump motor with a hammer near the end where the brushes are to get the motor to run. the motor eventually failed. cost about $185 from hwh.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Yes, Tim, exact same problem. Only we were in a campground and had to wait two extra days for the new pump to be shipped in. HWH paid for most of the repair cost, though. That was a year ago, and we haven't had a problem since. And we could not get the bedroom slide in...there is no ratchet for that, just "push in evenly after you release the hydraulic pressure". There was NO WAY that slide was getting pushed in by hand, that's for sure.

Retired Navy (ETCS/SW/AW)
Carnles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the input. We tried tapping the motor but that didn't help. The repair place called it in to my X warranty company and was going to order the part and call when they had it. Yesterday the warranty company called (Freedom Roads/Camping World) and wants to send an inspector to examine the problem..... Always something. Oh and the bedroom slide was a real bear to push in too.......
Old 07-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

in a post i made on june 25, 2008 i related how i installed a fitting on the bedroom slide and used a come along to retract the slide. now i have a method to secure the rear slide with a strap as well the winnie supplied straps for the front slide.
i don't know how to link that post to this one.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DAN L:
in a post i made on june 25, 2008 i related how i installed a fitting on the bedroom slide and used a come along to retract the slide. now i have a method to secure the rear slide with a strap as well the winnie supplied straps for the front slide.
i don't know how to link that post to this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a link to the post I think you're referring to, Dan: Hydraulic Failure - Lessions Learned

(The little note with a pushpin in it at the top left of each posting is actually a shortcut to that posting--right-click and select 'Copy Shortcut', or the equivalent in your browser, then paste it into your message using the 'URL' button.)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fossilhog:
Just spoke to Winnebago. He says my coach built in 2001 has all the fuses in line right near the pump. I have power going into one side of each solenoid. Jusst need a helper to cclick the buttons inside to go to the next step.

Update: called my service guy and they sent out a tech. He says the pump is frozen. Solenoids had power and energized when called for. He helped me get the slides in and tomorrow we make an appointment for the repair.Neat this Winnebago has that cranks the slide in like a winch.

There goes my August! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Update: Just got it back, they had replaced the electric motor on the pump and 2 solenoids. For those who don't know, NJ is not the mecca for RV repairs. That being said, I gassed up at $3.35 a gal. before the hurricane in the gulf gets us at the pump again. I see the price of Oil just took a hike.