Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Anyone ever replace the hydraulic hoses, going to the BR slide. Have a 02 Horizon, I can find the fittings for the hoses in my rear compartment, above the Inverter/converter, having problem finding the other ends. Anyone replace them? Thanks
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Anyone ever replace the hydraulic hoses, going to the BR slide. Have a 02 Horizon, I can find the fittings for the hoses in my rear compartment, above the Inverter/converter, having problem finding the other ends. Anyone replace them? Thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

richierich;
I can't help you on that. I assume you have HWH. I had a leak in a slide hose once. I went to Moscow, IA to have HWH check it. It was a hose end leaking and they replaced the end. The hose was OK.
A call to Winnebago or HWH should get an answer.

HWH 800-321-3494
Winnebago 800-537-1885

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #4
Jim
Winnebago Owner

i have a 2001 35u..one set of connections is under the bed and the other is on the cylinder ..outside, looking at the bottom of the bedroom slide there is a center channel..the cylinder is in there..i believe you remove the screw at that point and another under the bed..then you can pull the cylinder out and replace that side..i think you can get more info if you do a search on bedroom hydraulid fluid leak..jim
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hey richierich,

I have a 2002 adventure with a leak on the BR slide. I was going to replace the hose myself, untill I found because of the basement air, the slide needs to be un-bolted and tilted out. The hoses are on the bottom of the ram. Good news is HWH has offered to pay parts and labor. Get the "die" and "pusher" number off the hose and give them a call. Mine goes in Monday for this repair. They paid to have my other slide fixed last year. I'm even the second owner.

Bob

28' enclosed car trailer
DragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My 02 Adv. B/R slide HWH hose has leaked for 2 or 3 yrs.
Appears to be leaking around the connectors, and several
feet of hose stuffed up above the propane tank.
Has anyone tried to replace the connectors themself???
As I am not eager to let anyone TILT the B/R slide!!!
Maybe opening up a NEW bag of worms??TENN.VOL.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

If you can get to the hoses and remove them, you can get any good auto parts store (NAPA, Federated, etc.) to make up new hydraulic hoses and fittings far superior, IMO, to those original HWH hoses. If they are paying for your repair, sure I'd use whatever they would send. However, if it's on your dime, I'd rather have the better hoses.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
KIX
Winnebago Master

A tip to all you guys having trouble with HWH slide hoses. In the '01/'02 time frame HWH had a problem with a particular hose that would continue to leak at the fittings and the leaks cannot be stopped. The fix is to replace the hoses. Look on your slide hoses for the hose maker name of "St. Gobain". If you have St. Gobain hoses and are having problems HWH will likely warranty this problem if you call them.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:51 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I had planned on having new hoses made by a local shop and installing them myself. I called HWH to find out the pressure rating needed. That's when they told me there's a good chance they would pay for the repair. They said nothing about "St. Gobain" they asked for the "Die" and "Pusher" number marked on the hose. They also told me that I just can't install a new hose end. The hose needs to be replaced.

28' enclosed car trailer
Old 09-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
KIX
Winnebago Master

DragRacer, Does your hose have a makeers name on it? What is it?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

KIX, I didn't see a makers name. All HWH asked me for was the Die and Pusher number. It was marked on the hose about every foot or so. I droped my unit off for the repair today. I'll let you know how it goes.

28' enclosed car trailer
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

If I might offer a perspective of this discussion, having performed this service several times, including on my own 35U.

It is not necessary to "tip" the slide, rather it is possible and defined in HWH literature as to the proper method of replacing/repairing the hose(s). It is necessary to disassemble the bed frame, then remove the retaining bolt that is through bolted to the ram of the cylinder; pull the cylinder from the outside, underneath the slide; correct the hose issue for either or both hoses, reverse and reinstall the cylinder and hoses.

This full process is documented in HWH literature and is available on their site. Step by step process. This is not difficult, but the first time you do it, it is time consuming.

AS to changing types of hoses, it is not recommended to use anything other than HWH hose material. I would not substitute, especially under the bed due to the effort required to replace it if it fails due to abrasion.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Mike
TheRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRVGuy:
If I might offer a perspective of this discussion, having performed this service several times, including on my own 35U.

It is not necessary to "tip" the slide, rather it is possible and defined in HWH literature as to the proper method of replacing/repairing the hose(s). It is necessary to disassemble the bed frame, then remove the retaining bolt that is through bolted to the ram of the cylinder; pull the cylinder from the outside, underneath the slide; correct the hose issue for either or both hoses, reverse and reinstall the cylinder and hoses.

This full process is documented in HWH literature and is available on their site. Step by step process. This is not difficult, but the first time you do it, it is time consuming.

AS to changing types of hoses, it is not recommended to use anything other than HWH hose material. I would not substitute, especially under the bed due to the effort required to replace it if it fails due to abrasion.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LazyDays did mine and cracked the sidewall of the coach at each bottom corner of the bedroom slide opening. If HWH has a non-tip method I would go with it and remove the potential for this type of damage.

Oh LazyDays did not fix the problem and it has been more work cleaning up after them then if I had just done the job myself.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:28 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Mike,

Have you done this job on a unit with basement air?

28' enclosed car trailer
Old 09-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

HWH, has sent me new hose for the B/R slide.
Its made by Eaton,SYNFLEX. Will install this coming week-end. Will let you all know how it goes, and what kind of headacke I get. Thanks for all the replys I received.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Dragracer,

Yes sir, my own 2002 35U, as well as a couple of others. If I can assist you, let me know.

Mike
TheRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote