Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

HWH Tech Support

As of this time, I've been waiting for a callback from those guys. Even with 2 calls to the operator over the past 2 1/2 days. All she has told me is that I am on the "List". A response time like that is a bit excessive I would think. The disgust factor is starting to set in. They must have a lot of people with problems to have that large a backlog.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Refer to this post:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/deali...wh-208922.html
Old 06-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

It's more likely the technicians are spending an inordinate amount of time with each customer trying to explain how the systems operate as well as attempt to diagnose problems.

Very few businesses have customer help lines these days because of the amount of time it takes to walk non professionals through the diagnostic process. When trying to communicate with customers who have little or no knowledge of the systems it can take several hours to resolve a single problem.

I'm sure they're doing the best they can considering the circumstances they're working under.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I've been to HWH in Iowa.

I suspect the current long callback times are a result of summer vacations.

I can tell you that when you do hear from HWH they will solve your problems.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

5 day's and no call back.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

hey guys, calll me, i work for hwh. ive put my cell number here just for you. 1-602-549-3638
its on almost all the time. i can help with diagnostics. that what is taking so long with hwh returning your call.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
hey guys, calll me, i work for hwh. ive put my cell number here just for you. 1-602-549-3638
its on almost all the time. i can help with diagnostics. that what is taking so long with hwh returning your call.
OK. To late as we went to Winnebago in Forest City for slide adjustment.
Will keep your number for future reference .

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I have been on the HWH waiting list for 5 days now. Received a call promptly to tell me I would be scheduled with a tech. When I asked if it would be yet today, the response was an incredulous " oh no".
Really, 5 days and counting for a conversation with a tech?
Cdl6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I do not understand this. I called, got an appt, showed up, was talking with a tech in ten minutes with my coach in bay#4. He inspected, checked and looked over everything. He was responsive to questions and comments. He spent at least 1.5 hours working on my unit and then told me it was at no cost. I have a 2004 Country Coach and it certainly was not under warranty. They did this work yesterday! I received great service so something else must be going on.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnystrom View Post
5 day's and no call back.
It took 10 day's and they did call back but the problem was remedied by Winnebago in Forest City. The problem I had was the slide and not the HWH part of the slide operation. So, 10 day's is a way bit too long to get an answer.
8 working day's to be accurate on this post.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

so, a quick question, and not to be smart, but was it something you could have done yourself, to repair the problem?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Just came across this thread; can we all keep this phone number for future help, or was it offered only to help the OP at this time? -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

this number is available to all. please feel free to call me.
please download a service manual review it, if you have a problem.
its better if we can talk the same language.
1-602-549-3638
Old 08-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #14

One thing I have noticed over the last 15 years is HWH like many other companies has really went down in the phone support department. There was a time when every company had dedicated dealer support lines. Now even as a tech at a dealership when I call I get put in line and often don't hear back for days. It would seem they all think we can just sit by the phone and wait and perhaps if they pay our hourly rate we might but the fact is for me when I call many companies for support if I don't have other work on the coach once they have gone past 15 to 20 min it is packed up and out of my bay so I can work on something else. And my last call to HWH was a couple weeks ago on a Tuesday Morning they called me back on Fri night while I was at home useless.I told them I was done with it and hung up.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
so, a quick question, and not to be smart, but was it something you could have done yourself, to repair the problem?
The answer is no. I wanted to make an appointment as we were going to go there but if you do not get a call back you cant make one. The landing strips had to be replaced as the slide was popping and cracking going in and out.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

i agree with you about the appointment. did you request an appointment? ususally the receptionist will refer you to the service center right away. dont know why that didnt happen.
i can tell you that if you are mehanically inclined, i could have guided you thru the replacement process. while it looks daunting, it really isnt.
please feel free to call me
Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

to add to the upper post, i do work for hwh. i can help with diagnostics, and provide part numbers, which can be ordered online from hwh.
i work with mfgs, and dealers doing the same thing.
please feel free to call me at 602-549-3638. anytime.
if i dont answer, im out in the desert driving somewhere. leave a message and i'll call back the same day.
if you are a retail customer and need some help, please download a service manual and review it. its nice to talk in the same language.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

Follow up...I never did get a call back so I drove out to HWH. The service people are super once you get there. The only name I caught was Ethan, the tech that worked on my journey. He diagnosed the problem with a 30 second conversation with him and invited me to watch. It took him about 30 minutes, mostly used to remove the access cover and put it back on. The problem was a loose lock nut on the back of the hydraulic cylinder that allowed it to rotate. As long as I was there I had a slow jack replaced as well....another 30 minutes. These folks are really great.
The trip out and back was more expensive than the repairs!
Not sure who or where the 16 people that handle tech advise were, but they are sure disconnected from the guys in service.
Hats off to Ethan and the rest of that crew. My next MH will have HWH equipment as I think it is the best.
Cdl6869 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh