Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HWH System problem

We have a problem with our hwh system in our Itasca Suncruiser motorhome. Our leveling jacks are not working and our 2 bedroom slides will not come in. Has anyone got any knowledge on this. We have been at the RV dealership all day and they do not know what the problem it.
Can anyone help?

Thank you very much.
cessna1695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My system has 2 solenoids on the motor and 1 40amp inline fuse for the jacks and 1 20 amp inline fuse for each room. I would start by checking the input and output voltages in that area.

One problem I had was when my motor quit working, the starter shop that rebuilt it had to replace the internal grounding stud which had corroded, along with the brushes.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I believe you have an electrical problem. I just had to install a new battery cable end as well as a solenoid due to severe corrosion. The shop said the whole system would likely shut down. Your manual should likely shed some info for you. If you do not have HWH's number it is 800-321-3494 but they are closed on weekends. Their web address is www.hwhcorp.com. Click on Technical Support & Technical Service. There is a lot of info there including manuals. Good luck with your problem.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers View Post
My system has 2 solenoids on the motor and 1 40amp inline fuse for the jacks and 1 20 amp inline fuse for each room. I would start by checking the input and output voltages in that area.

One problem I had was when my motor quit working, the starter shop that rebuilt it had to replace the internal grounding stud which had corroded, along with the brushes.

Could you tell me where to look for the inline fuses? We have only had our coach for a short time and know nothing about the systems.

Thank you
RC
cessna1695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

A call to HWH got our levelers and slides working. They will help you diagnose the problem. They are very helpful, give them a call.
Bob and Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

When you attempt to extend the jacks, do you hear the pump running? If not, suspect electrical problem. If so, it's probably a hydralic problem. I've found that a dealer or shop calling HWH has a better chance of getting to someone who can help trouble shoot the problem than I as a cansumer do. When you call HWH strongly suggest you have a crisis situation that needs immediate help if that is the case. They are very good when you get the right trouble shooter on the phone. I hope for your sake they have ramped up the help desk a bit. I was once told I'ld get a call back in several days but never did get that call.
Good luck
Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
When you attempt to extend the jacks, do you hear the pump running? If not, suspect electrical problem. If so, it's probably a hydraulic problem. I've found that a dealer or shop calling HWH has a better chance of getting to someone who can help trouble shoot the problem than I as a consumer do. When you call HWH strongly suggest you have a crisis situation that needs immediate help if that is the case. They are very good when you get the right trouble shooter on the phone. I hope for your sake they have ramped up the help desk a bit. I was once told I'd get a call back in several days but never did get that call.
Good luck
Paul,
I just ran into that same problem with them recently. I had a slide room hydraulic ram leaking severely and wanted advice on issues concerning removal, procedure, and multiple points of the system. Two emails were never answered (still aren't) and it took them 4 days to get back to me on the phone. Once I did talk to a human, he was very informative on what I needed to know. He apologized for the delay in getting back to me. But, by the time he did, I'd already removed, rebuilt and re-installed the bad cylinder.

But, with the info he provided, I'll be better armed for the next time the system or, one of those cylinders needs service, and there eventually will be a next time.

Sorry to the OP here, no intent on "off tracking" of the thread. Just thought it had some relevance.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I had a problem with my slide extending also, I called HWH and they sent me a troubleshooting guide for the system. It walks you through all the different possibilities by asking questions such as "is the pump running under load?" then it tell you what to check if it isn't. There are several inline fuses under the coach at the pump, one of mine was corroded and not allowing the extend solenoid valve to operate. Also I had a problem with the valves sticking after they set up for a while, so I operate the slide out and back about once every couple of weeks.

I will send the troubleshooting guide later as I do not have it here at this time.
ItascaRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:06 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Here is the link to the troubleshooting guide, since I do not know which model you have, I will have to let you scan through and find the one that fits. www.hwh.com/service34.html I never realized there were so many. The tech support person took my coach info and emailed me the one for my system. Perhaps their phone number will give you the best chance of getting help (800)321-3494.
ItascaRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh