Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH slide blew hose- one side stuck

I have a 2007 Adventurer 35L that has has no problems to date. Recently, when extending the front slide (couch, dinette), only the front edge moved, and before I noticed it the front was 1/2 way out and the rear edge was still in. I found a hose had blown off its fitting, so I assume the rear cylinder did not move due to lack of pressure. I have a replacement hose coming from HWH, but have been waiting for 10 days for a technical support call back. Winnebago tells me I should be able to manually extend the slide once the solenoid bypass is opened; the front of the slide and the top of the rear edge will move, but the bottom of the rear edge appears to be stuck and in a bit further than flush due to binding when the front of the slide extended. I attached a come along and exerted a significant amount of tension to the rear of the slide, but no movement. When I receive the hose, should I run the pump to see if the slide might rectify itself when pressure is present in both cylinders, or am I stuck with taking it to a dealership?
Thanks,
Moseley
moseleykmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseleykmc View Post
I have a 2007 Adventurer 35L that has has no problems to date. Recently, when extending the front slide (couch, dinette), only the front edge moved, and before I noticed it the front was 1/2 way out and the rear edge was still in. I found a hose had blown off its fitting, so I assume the rear cylinder did not move due to lack of pressure. I have a replacement hose coming from HWH, but have been waiting for 10 days for a technical support call back. Winnebago tells me I should be able to manually extend the slide once the solenoid bypass is opened; the front of the slide and the top of the rear edge will move, but the bottom of the rear edge appears to be stuck and in a bit further than flush due to binding when the front of the slide extended. I attached a come along and exerted a significant amount of tension to the rear of the slide, but no movement. When I receive the hose, should I run the pump to see if the slide might rectify itself when pressure is present in both cylinders, or am I stuck with taking it to a dealership?

Thanks,

Moseley

Moseley
I will pm you my cell number. Call me anytime and I will help you get it out of a bind.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You are so crooked that the in side is jammed. I would NOT try going out further. I would bring the side that is further out in until they are even. then run them out. You may have to plug the bad side hose to do this.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

HWH slide blew hose- one side stuck

Ok. This has happen to me, while moving on the Highway! Was able pull off the road, saw the blown hose, called the nearest RV repair place. They were able to have a new hose the very next day. Upon replacement AND adding more fluid to the system everything worked again. Add fluid before to try moving a thing!
Doing this yourself, bring the slide IN all the way, before you try much!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:31 AM   #5
GG1
Winnie-Wise

HWH

Give this guy a call he is an on the road repair guy for hwh he is very helpful. Paul Maddox 1 602 549 3638 leave a message if there is no answer he will get back to you shortly.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:19 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
Give this guy a call he is an on the road repair guy for hwh he is very helpful. Paul Maddox 1 602 549 3638 leave a message if there is no answer he will get back to you shortly.
I second this suggestion. I had a recent slide HWH problem and Paul spent a lot of time on the phone with me helping me out. Price charged for his time and advice was extremely reasonable.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:30 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all!
Replaced hose, ran pump until fluid emerged, tightend fittings, and slide moves as it should with one eception; it will not extend all the way to seal the bottom corners. I am hoping that is air in the system that hopefully will self bleed after multiple cycles?
Thoughts?

Again, thanks to all...
Old 07-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

it seems to always be something simple. The manual retract screw jack on one side still had some threads engaged, and would not allow the room to move the last few inches. I noticed the bind when crawling around trying to figure out how to bleed the rams. I loosened the screw jack and now the room extends properly.
Thanks to all for your help!
Moseley
Old 07-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Thanks for posting your progress and success. You are right, the hyd system will self-purge over time, just monitor oil level closely until it always checks full. I don't know what your system contains, but mine takes HWH, or Type A transmission fluid.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:15 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Great to hear you have resolved the problem.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, slide