Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2015, 06:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH Series 200 jacks

I'm having a problem with my jacks, I went to use them on sat., the rear went down, when I went to lower the front, nothing, the pump didn't work, the parking brake is on, the panel on the dash is on , the fuse in panel is good, I have the joy stick type. I checked by the pump, no loose wires , which one is ground? Also which battery is it run off of? (chassis or house) also the fluid was low in tank, it was just touching the dip stick, can the breather cap be washed out? Or just order a new one ? Thank you
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Do you have the owners manual with the trouble shooting guide ?
It's available from HWH web site as a free download pdf.
The fluid should only be checked with all jacks retracted, to avoid overfilling, and the breather can be cleaned.
Last Friday I had similar issues with my HWH pump motor , and after testing the control relay found that internal corrosion in the motor had compromised the motors brush ground path.
I described the repair in a post, in the RV systems forum. But have been unable to take and post pictures of the repair.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Rick, I would take a close look at the joystick control lever. Unscrew the control stick knobs and back out the 4 panel screws,take the top cover off and look inside where the lever makes contact with the switch plate. Sometime debris falls in there and will not allow good contact (vacuum out debris). There are electrical connections for front and rear jacks under there, make sure you have a good connections/no broken wires on the front jacks. You've checked alot already and the rear jacks go down, so I'm betting the front control lever is not making a good electrical connection.
Go to the HWH website and download the troubleshooting manual for the 200/210 series system. Very,very handy to have and will help you through most any issue.
BTW, I've found additional fuses tucked up on the pump manifold in weathertight fuse holders. Not sure what they actually protect, but I know they are there.
Best of luck.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Skip & Lt46

I have a manual that came with the RV. The rear worked sat. Morning but neither front or rear work now.What battery are they powered by? I'll go over to RV after work today and check under joystick. Thanks
Old 04-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

My HWH motor died in the middle of the leveling process, and on my coach are powered from the coach batteries , if no one comes on with your exact coach to tell you which battery set supplies power, it's time to dig out the volt meter. Check power at the battery then look for the exact same meter reading at the relay on the motor.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Mine run off the coach battery as well.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I went up to RV after work today, no luck. I put a call in to mobile RV repair guy we used in past, I will keep everyone posted!! Thanks
Old 04-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

rvl lyons.the guys on here have the right idea. get the service manual from the hwh website. it has as lot more information than the operators manual.
i will be happy to help with the diagnosis of your problems. my cell is 602-549-3638. i live in arizona, and travel to several states in the course of my work.
i do work for hwh as a technical sales rep. i help manufacturers with initial installations and training. i also help dealers with diagnosing difficult problems.
i work with coach owners who have not had any luck getting the repair done after
several visits to the repair center. let me help. thanks, paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Paul, I'll print out the manual when I get home tonight, my RV guy doesn't work on jacks , insurance reasons, I'll contact you Thursday around 5:30 est
Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone for the info on the jacks, I cleaned under the joystick, it was full of debris, but they still didn't work. So I ended up crawling under the RV and started wiggling the wires that were attached to pump, the culprit was the GROUND wire going to the pump motor. I cleaned it and clamped it onto the stud with a pair of vice grips to test it and the pump worked. So I'll go over Monday after work and connect it better. I don't want to force the nut on the stud its very rusty. I'll figure out something.

Thanks again everyone

Tags
hwh, jacks