Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

HWH resevoir location

I am trying to locate the reservoir for my hwh jack system. Where is this thing hidden? If you have a picture, that would be great...

2005 Itasca Suncruiser 37F

Thanks!!
Old 03-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Page 78 of the Parts Catalog for your coach shows the components of the hydraulic leveling system and their locations. The reservoir is part of item 1 and it looks like it's to the rear of the left front wheel.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 38R. Your reservoir is located on the hydraulic pump. Look under you coach by the driver's door. When checking or filling the reservoir make certain you have the jacks UP so the return fluid is in the reservoir. The slides run on the same hydraulic system, but they can be IN OR OUT as the pump works both directions. The jacks fluid is returned by the springs. Thus, they have to be UP to check fluid.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
I have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 38R. Your reservoir is located on the hydraulic pump. Look under you coach by the driver's door. When checking or filling the reservoir make certain you have the jacks UP so the return fluid is in the reservoir. The slides run on the same hydraulic system, but they can be IN OR OUT as the pump works both directions. The jacks fluid is returned by the springs. Thus, they have to be UP to check fluid.
Are you sure about this? Seems to me that when the slides are extended, the cylinders are also extended, and therefore, fluid will be needed to expend them.
PJStough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Different model, but I had trouble finding mine, too, simply because it did not look like I expected. I'll describe mine, as yours may be similar....Mine is behind the left front wheel. My hwh control box (with plexiglass front)faces the outward. Behind that are solenoid valves/wires. Immediately below those wires is the top of my reservoir (black rectangular box); the cap is largely hidden by the wires.

My owners manual says jacks up and slides in to check the fluid level. There is an access hole inside my storage basement compartment to reach the hwh system when my slide is in.
WendyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Mine is under the entry steps and easy to get at if you lift up the step.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the feedback. I will look again in that area.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

paul, hwh makes A rooms ans B rooms
the A rooms have mechanisms mounted below the floor. the cylinder rod extends to push the room out. retract moves the room in.
the B room has the mechanism mounted above the floor. either chain drive or x arm models. the one exception is the four ram system that is in some winnebago minnies. they must be extended. to dheck the fluid.
the B rooms push the cylinder rod out to retract the room. it must be extended in order for the fluid to be checked.
look in the manual. it should be in there.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:33 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgoor View Post
I am trying to locate the reservoir for my hwh jack system. Where is this thing hidden? If you have a picture, that would be great...

2005 Itasca Suncruiser 37F

Thanks!!
Assuming this is the same HHW series as yours, this is from the 2005 Winnebago Adventurer Owner's Manual. Mostly what I thought was important was that it states that the slides must be in and the jacks up. I'm sure the reference to the slides being in is for hydraulic slides, NOT 12v electric slides like on my model.

Winnebago Adventurer 2005 Owner's Manual: Checking Hydraulic Oil Level / Slide-out Room.

Checking Hydraulic Oil Level

See your HWH 325 Series Leveling System Operators Manual for complete maintenance instructions and information.

All maintenance should be done as part of thenormal servicing of the coach.

The oil level should be checked when thevehicle is first purchased and then once every two years. Check more often if there is an oil leak inthe system.

Jacks and Slideout Positions:
To get an accurate indication of oil level, all leveling Jacks must be UP and slideout rooms must be in.

Checking Dipstick:
The oil reservoir is part of the pump/manifold assembly.

The oil level is checked and filled through thebreather cap.

Clear any dirt and debris away from thebreather/filler cap before removing. The oil level should be between the two marks on the breathercap dipstick shown in the following illustration.

IMPORTANT: Prior to removing the breathercap, either to check the oil level or to use the1/4" nut driver, clean any debris from the top ofthe reservoir before returning the breather cap tothe reservoir. Remove any paint chips or other debris from the dipstick including debris inside the 1/4" nut driver.

NOTE: Overfilling the tank can cause leakage of oil through the breather cap.

Hydraulic Fluid Recommendation

HWH Specialty Hydraulic Oil is recommended. In an emergency Dexron automatic transmission fluid can be used.

DO NOT USE brake fluid or hydraulic jackfluid. Use of these can damage seals.

NOTE: Dexron automatic transmission fluidcontains red dye and can cause staining should a leak occur. -RT

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/93....html?page=108
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
Are you sure about this? Seems to me that when the slides are extended, the cylinders are also extended, and therefore, fluid will be needed to expend them.
The slide cylinders are double acting cylinders. They have the same quantity of fluid in them whether extended or retracted.

The jack cylinders are single acting cylinders. The springs force the fluid back in to the reservoir. The pump does not operate when the jacks are retracting.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, hwh