Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HWH Pump Leaking

HWH pump leaking around the shuttle valve assembly, extremely hard to add fluid or work on the pump. Has anyone had the same problem and an easy way to access the pump and valves. Located under step well of 2005 Winnebago Journey 39F. Thanks
toootall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

tootall1 - are you working from above or below? The steps are hinged and there is a nut under the edge of the step. Take off the nut and you can lift the step and work on the HWH stuff from above...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Tom, I'll look under the steps for removal to see if it is easier to work on.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Just to be clear - the nut is accessed from the stairwell, not from underneath the RV. It's just under the lip of the step. I think only the top 2 steps are hinged.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

On my 2004 Meridian both steps are hinged so you can get directly over the top especially when adding fluid or down lower to for better access to things. I had to change my shuttle valve last summer due to the fact the rooms wouldn't completely retract and the jacks were acting funny. HWH mailed me the new valve and no problem replacing it. Simplyist job I've had to do yet. I cut a small branch (wasn't where I could buy a dowel) about the right length to support the step while I was working on top of the unit. I've also had to replace the "O" rings on the 4 brass plugs on top of the manifold right around the valve.

Good luck.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Found my problem which was a leak around the brass check valve O-ring on the right front plug. All brass check valves are finger tight. ? are they to be tight or loose as I have found them. Thanks for all the help with the step access to the pump assembly.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by toootall1 View Post
Found my problem which was a leak around the brass check valve O-ring on the right front plug. All brass check valves are finger tight. ? are they to be tight or loose as I have found them. Thanks for all the help with the step access to the pump assembly.
On mine, the "O" ring had split and was spuing a small stream. For a quick fix on the road I cut a small ring out of a tablet card board back to replace the rubber ring until I got home. It held good for several weeks. HWH mailed me a new set for all four of the brass caps. They need to be more than finger tight, just firm with a small wrench, but not enough to tear the new "O" ring.

Hope this helps.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote