Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
RKL
Winnebago Owner

HWH overnite parking

Where is the best or only place to park overnite before a 7:30 service appointment the next morning at HWH..,thanks RKL
Old 08-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

HWH has several electric (30 & 50 amp) hookups available at the facility. If memory serves, there are about 4-6 on the south side of the repair building and another 4-6 to the north, between buildings. They are first come, first serve, - I don't remember if they lock the gates after first shift ends (4 or 4:30, I think) or not. Hope this helps...

MD
Old 08-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I believe they lock the gates so call ahead and make sure you can get in when you get there.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you get there before they close, then you can take advantage of their hookups inside the facility.

The plant is on the left side of the highway. If you're coming in on the weekend or after hours, BEFORE you get to the plant, on the RIGHT you'll see another building set back aways. Turn RIGHT on that road and it will curve around to that building. There are few signs and nothing really identifies it as their engineering building, but that's what it is.

You can park in that parking lot until they open.

I made this trip in May of this year.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We were just there in July and they told us that they only lock the gates on the weekend. So if your have a Monday AM appointment, call them and they will have someone there to open up for you. The also told me that they don't lock the gates if someone is camping. I suspect that would be a safety issue. We didn't know to call first and as a result we, as well as a few other customers, parked behind the convience store/fuel stop across the interstate.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Fran View Post
So if your have a Monday AM appointment, call them and they will have someone there to open up for you.
Don't understand the 'call them ... open up for you'. I have a Monday 7 AM appt. in October. Was told gates were locked on weekend, needed to park across the road at their other building.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Well perhaps they have changed the policy. When we were there in mid-July I asked specifically about this in case we needed to return and I was told that they would open the gates if I arranged for it in advance.