Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-07-2015, 08:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH Jacks not working right

I'm working on a 2006 Itasca Ellipse W/HWH 625 series auto leveling system.
The jacks work fine to level the MH the problem is when I push store all but the LF jacks will go up. The only way I have found to get the LF up is turn the system off and then back on and push the arrow button for the left side then the LF jack will go up. My thoughts are the jack is fine because it will go up and down it must be in the controls.

If someone has had this type of problem please chime in.
66farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I'm going to tag along on your post to track the answers you get.
Because the , store function and the manual retract , arrow button control the same fluid solenoid, I would think the problem is in the control, but I don't know how you could test to find out for sure.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

66farmer;

I know there are several posts indicating HWH does not return posts timely but it may not hurt to call them. Their tel # is 800-321-3494. Good luck;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If you do not already have the HWH electrical schematics for the 625 system, go to the HWH website and print them off. I'd say you have already isolated the problem to the electrical signal from the "STORE" button to the solenoid since it works when you use the other switch. Pour over the electrical schematics and see what the different is between the two circuits. It sounds like something in the "STORE" circuitry is not right.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I called HWH 3 days ago waiting for a reply. I down loaded HWH trouble shooting guide. Today I'm going to try to find the problem.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

HWH Help

Wasn't there someone on this forum who said if you needed help on HWH products to call him. I think he works for HWH. He goes by the name Azpete on
this forum ,I beleive his phone number is 1-502 549-3638.
Al10453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I had sticking jacks on my '05. Turned out to be the "shuttle" valve. I was at Forest City when the jacks would not retract at all. It was a quick fix.

I have found that a good cleaning with WD40 (recommended by HWH) and then a spray down with CRC Power Lube with PTFE works great. My jacks retract in less than 5 min.

I may be missing a point with your problem. Does the jack retract at all on its own?

Rick Y
Old 01-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I got the jacks working. What I did was clean the electrically connections open and close the four t bolts and clean the jack shafts with wd40.
Thanks for the help
Old 01-12-2015, 07:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66farmer View Post
I got the jacks working. What I did was clean the electrically connections open and close the four t bolts and clean the jack shafts with wd40.
Thanks for the help
Well done on the troubleshooting! Glad your fix was that "easy" .

Thanks for the great update.

Rick Y
Old 01-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

hi, my cell is 602-549-3638, not 502 this was a typo in an earlier post.
i do work for hwh, and anyone is welcome to call me for assistance. paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:56 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
hi, my cell is 602-549-3638, not 502 this was a typo in an earlier post.
i do work for hwh, and anyone is welcome to call me for assistance. paul maddox
Hi Paul,

I would love to call you but we have no cell service. We are located in a canyon in northern CA. Chico to be exact.

I had a call into HWH before we got here and had a ticked generated but I can't follow up because of the phone service problem.

My jacks are fading. The nose and left side droop after a day. I have no idea what to do. I suspect a solenoid or two. This is the 625S system if I recall the numbers correctly.

If I do have to replace a solenoid are there any special steps I have to take besides cleaning? I read something about only replacing them in the vertical position because of a check valve. It made no sense to me.

What is your opinion.

Rick Y.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Look at the control panel under the coach. It has a plexiglas window. When you press store 4 additinal LED's should light (1 for each jack to store) If one does not light the fuse for that circuit is blown. You have to remove the cover to replace the fuse. A different LED will light when you manually retract the jack.
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

download that service manual. it helps with the diagnosis. it will have the schematic for the led's and other useful info.
if your jacks are leaking down, which ones are leaking? is it one or two? is there a external leak anywhere in the system?
level the coach. then take a marking pen to mark each jack shaft at 1/2 inch and 1 inch down from the wiper seal. after a day, check which one is retracting.. if there is no external leak, the solenoid for that jack either is leaking internally, or is not fully closed. check that 1/4 brass not at the end of the solenoid
if the solenoid continues to leak thru, replace that solenoid. let me know what happens. paul
Old 01-15-2015, 07:31 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
download that service manual. it helps with the diagnosis. it will have the schematic for the led's and other useful info.
if your jacks are leaking down, which ones are leaking? is it one or two? is there a external leak anywhere in the system?
level the coach. then take a marking pen to mark each jack shaft at 1/2 inch and 1 inch down from the wiper seal. after a day, check which one is retracting.. if there is no external leak, the solenoid for that jack either is leaking internally, or is not fully closed. check that 1/4 brass not at the end of the solenoid
if the solenoid continues to leak thru, replace that solenoid. let me know what happens. paul
No external leaks. The front left jack is fading faster than the left rear but both show collapsing after several hours.

What do you mean by
"check that 1/4 brass not at the end of the solenoid" ??

I am going to do a retest of the jacks. We are in a different location now and the weather is a bit better so far. I have been too busy to get under the coach this past week.

I went to the HWH web site to get some more info. I find it a bit hard to navigate because everything they make is all clumped together. The internet I am using is very slow and that compounds getting productive time. All I can do is keep trying.

Thanks for the help Paul.

Rick Y
Old 01-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Have you found your selonoids? There should be a bank of four together. They have a valve on the end you can open to retract the jack. Do you have the new squared springs on your jacks? I had the round style which I had to replace. I no longer have to wd-40 the jacks.
george y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

sorry, typo, nut is what i meant. maybe im getting dyslesic in my old age.
its still there on the end of the solenoid. that is what raises the needle off the seat of the valve. is its not tightened enough, it holds the needle up slightly, which will cause the problem described by the op. it doesnt have to be torqued down, just so its even finger tight.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
sorry, typo, nut is what i meant. maybe im getting dyslesic in my old age.
its still there on the end of the solenoid. that is what raises the needle off the seat of the valve. is its not tightened enough, it holds the needle up slightly, which will cause the problem described by the op. it doesnt have to be torqued down, just so its even finger tight.
Fat finger syndrome? I resemble that.

I'll take a look today. I want to clean some of the road slime off the manifold area. My coach was exposed to salt before it was mine. It is time to see if I can make the HWH area look a bit cleaner. On my last coach that area was a bear to work on. I think this coach has a bit more room because there is less stuff under the steps. No hydraulic slides. Keep the handy. Will let you know what I find.

Rick Y

Tags
hwh, jacks