Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

HWH Jacks not lowering

Hello, we are at Richmond international raceway and the jacks do not lower.

I hear the pump run but they do not lower. Everything has worked fine until now.

We are level but would like additional stability.

Any ideas ? Is there a reset procedure. ?

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Is the pump running or are you hearing clicking noises..Was thinking it might be solenoid.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
Hello, we are at Richmond international raceway and the jacks do not lower.

I hear the pump run but they do not lower. Everything has worked fine until now.

We are level but would like additional stability.

Any ideas ? Is there a reset procedure. ?

Thanks.
you say that the pump is running. you don't say whether your slides are in or out. is the fluid reservoir full? you should level before putting the slides out. check and add fluid to the reservoir with the slides retracted and the jacks up. you do not say whether you have an hwh system or other. my hwh system uses dexron 3 fluid.
the parking brake must be set and the indicator light on the dash must indicate this or the jacks will not work. the transmission must be in park also and the switch must be made.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the replies.

I have a manual HWH system.

I am parked level, just would like more stabilization.

Parking brake is set.

Both of my slides work and are out.

When trying to level, I can hear the pump run.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Call Chuck at Stuarts Service 800-826-6267 or 574-262-0225. He is a HWH service center in Elkhart, IN. and would probably be your quickest answer to the problem you have. They have a great facility and are more then helpful on the phone with problems you may be having.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Great idea. Thanks for the contact information.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Check the in-line blade fuses located next to the solenoids. Mine has a 20amp for the slides, and a 40 amp for the jacks. I had to replace the fuse holder because it melted. The jacks operate in pairs, thus the 40amp.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I have a manual HWH system.

I am parked level, just would like more stabilization.

Parking brake is set.

Both of my slides work and are out.

When trying to level, I can hear the pump run.
if you are low on fluid and ran your slides out, there may not be enough fluid left in the reservoir to lower the jacks.
you should retract the slides, top off the fluid reservoir, level, then extend the slides. the hwh jacks and slides will bleed any air that may be in the systems with a few operations of the systems.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

First, thanks again for your replies.

I talked to HWH (super nice people) and was told to check the four fuses that power the solenoids.

If time permits we will check that on Saturday.

Thanks again for all of you posts and help.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Update: We found that the four 15 amp fuses were blown. I will replace them this week and then coat the jacks with dextron III and exercise the jacks as per manufactures instructions.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Talked to HWH (Great people). He recommend that the four solenoids be replaced and then check for jack retraction time.
So my realer is send out four solenoids (warrantee) and then we can check out then next step.