Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding-a-ling View Post
Grandma's RV Park
Shepherdsville, KY

Yes, I would bet it is the shuttle valve, again.
I had a similar problem with slides and jacks - was able to use the MH for the weekend - and when we got home all was ok! A couple years later the jacks wouldn't retract - had a mobile mechanic open the hydraulic lines to bleed the pressure so they retracted. Drove to HWH (we were in SW Wisconsin) to have the shuttle valve replaced.
The valve can bind from dirt, crud, etc. Tapping the top of the pump assembly with a mallet or similar tool may dislodge the dirt and allow the valve to work properly.
FJF
Appreciate the suggestion. I did do some tapping last week but that didn't affect anything. When I got the old valve out, looking into the hole at the small end of the valve showed a small aluminum looking thingy-ma-jeg about the size of a plastic pin head just bouncing around. The one in the new valve was in place and very solid. Looks like the something on the inside of the valve has either broken loose or broke off completely. I'm going to e-mail HWH and ask what might have caused this situation. May not get an answer but "don't ask don't get".

Oh yes, the new valve did fix the problem, just hope it lasts longer than the last one.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks