Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

HWH jack problem

We used the 04 Sightseer over the 4th, every thing worked fine. Started it today and the warning lite and beeper for jacks down came on. Jacks were all up, I lowered the jacks and raised them and they worked fine except when they get fully retracted the pump continues to run until you push the off switch. I didn't get any info on the jacks in the big folder but in the motorhome operators book in trouble shooting for my problem it refers to a bad reed switch. Anyone had this problem or know where that reed switch is located. Thanks
r4etired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

If you have the HWH system, the motor should not run at all when storeing the jacks. The solenoids open & the springs return the pistons. I don't know of a reed switch, but there is a switch on the top of each jack that tells the control pad the jack is fully up.

Of course, if you have a different system, disregard.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

DancinCampers is right about the motor not running to retract.

Mind has had a problem since day 1 with the 'jacks down' light coming on when the jacks are not really down. One tip that I got was to let the system shut itself off when retracting the jacks; e.g. when the jacks come up, don't shut the system off as it will do it by itself. Seems to help.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Call HWH. It will probably take till the next day for them to return your call (they don't get in any hurry to reply), but generally they will be able to either diagnose the problem or help you go through some procedure .

They were very good with my problem, but it took several phone calls over a 3 day period.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Unless there has been a change in equipment, the Sightseer line uses Kwikee jacks not HWH. If it is indeed Kwikee a good many problems with the jacks can be solved by resetting the control panel cpu. On the box that has the leveling buttons remove the four screws and gently pull the panel out. Unplug both of the wire harness for about a minute, then plug them back in. The other common problem is a false signal from the transmission parking break interlock but this doesn't sound like it.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Just another thought, have you checked the level of fluid in the pump reservoir ? Mine is drivers side behind the front tire. On my model it is easier to get at with the slide out extended. The slides on this model do not use the pump so it isn't a problem to have them extended to check the fluid. Check your manual for recommended fluid replace ment. I think mine is dextron tran fluid, but I'm not 100% on that.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Jacks

You jacks are either kwikee or power gear you need to determine which first then get on line and you can download a manual
NO1RAINH20 is offline   Reply With Quote