Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2018, 12:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question HVAC help - '96 Adventurer (Chevy)

Driving 200 miles home from the dealer today I noticed late in the drive that I was getting no heat as I turned up the control (a nice warm 50s or even 60 day). Earlier, looking under the hood, I noticed a wire or hose (likely the latter) broken off on the passenger side under the HVAC core with no noticeable dangling mate nearby. Might this be the blend door servo or water valve? Have these ever had a problem with blend doors breaking loose like my brother's Dodge Ram pickup has?

Is there a document somewhere that shows this and where these connections (direction, heat/cold) and linkages go?
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, I found the other (disconnected) end of the (nylon?) vacuum line, and noticed that where it had been in contact with a rubber hose it had been decomposing, flaking away, in a couple spots. So once I get into Napa to buy a piece, I can hopefully have heat control again.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Fixed that line so now the heat works. Then noticed that the chassis AC doesn't get cold. Checked and found no refrigerant pressure, so added a can. That apparently wasn't enough but I let it sit overnight. Next morning there was no pressure again, so next I'll put in a can with leak detector and stop-leak. If that doesn't do it, I'll have to see who locally works on AC

Tags
adventurer, vent