Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

When I bought my used coach I never received the door code for the keyless entry. Has anyone ever reprogramed theirs ? If so, how is it done ?

Thanks, Mike..

Mike...
Buster661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

When I bought my used coach I never received the door code for the keyless entry. Has anyone ever reprogramed theirs ? If so, how is it done ?

Thanks, Mike..

Mike...
Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If you have SCS/Frigette Keyless entry system you can call the manufacturer at 800-275-7524. You should be able to find the type of keyless entry system on the Winnebago Motor Home Component Information sheet that should be in with all the manuals that came with your coach. If you can not find that call Winnebago and ask them for a copy, this info will help you with many things down the road. You will need the last 6 numbers and digits of the vin # of the motorhome when you call.

If you have the component info sheet you can use the serial # listed on the sheet to reprogram the entry system. Let us know if you have that.

You can see if the system is operational by hitting the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time. That will lock the door and or cargo bins if equipped. You will need the door key to get in if the door locks

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Here are the instructions for the SCS system on my 2005 Vectra (the Keyless Entry System Module is in the left front compartment behind the panel with the 12V circuit breakers, etc.):

FORGOTTEN PERSONAL ENTRY CODE
If for some reason the personal entry code has been forgotten, the Keypad can be reprogrammed with a new personal entry code via the following procedure.

1) Press and hold the YELLOW programming button on the Keyless Entry System Module and at the same time press and hold down the 1/2 button on the Keypad until the Keypad button lights start flashing (about 5 seconds). This will cause the Keypad to fotget the previous personal entry code and remember the factory default code (15371).

2) Cycle the ignition key to ON then back to OFF.

3) Enter the factory default code (15371) on the Keypad.

4) Within 5 seconds, press and hold the 1/2 button on the Keypad until the Keyless Entry System responds with LOCK-UNLOCK (about 2 seconds).

5) Enter your new personal 4-6 digit entry code. (Each digit must be entered within 5 seconds of the last digit entered.)

6) When completed, the keyless Entry System will again respond with LOCK-UNLOCK to confirm that your personal entry code has been programmed.

(on edit: typo correction)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Reprogramming my SCS is slightly different than what Chris describes. First you have to cycle the ignition key on and off. Then you hold the program button on the box for 4 seconds. Then you push and release the lock button on your remote (or both remotes if you have two) and then cycle the ignition switch on and off again and you are finished. The module is in the same spot as on Chris' and you have to remove the screws that hold the cover over the whole electric box.

Retired Navy (ETCS/SW/AW)
Carnles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone. I will give it a try tomorrow.

Mike...
Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The procedure I listed earlier was for re-programming the keypad at the entry door. The procedure for programming the transmitter/remotes is essentially what Carnles described.

PROGRAMMING THE TRANSMITTER

1) Press the YELLOW programming button on the Module for four seconds then release. The Module should then make a light clicking sound. [Note: The YELLOW programming button is located under the Module label thru a 7/8" hole in the Module housing. If the label has not yet been broken, carefuly punch a hole thu the label to access the YELLOW programming button.]

2) Press the LOCK button only, on the Transmitter. Repeat this for up to 4 Transmitters. [Note: The Module has 4 memory locations that must receive a Transmitter signal to each. If you have less than 4 Transmitters, repeat the programming procedure on a Transmitter more than once so that the Modeule receives a code for each of its 4 memory locations. Note: Be sure to press ONLY the LOCK button on the Transmitter. Pressing any other button will cause the Transmitter to operate erratically.]

3) When 4 LOCK codes have been programmed into the Module, cycle the ignition key ON and then OFF.

4) Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on each Transmitter to ensure that each Transmitter operates properly.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We've had our '05 keyless entry re-programmed (both at a dealer and by ourselves) repeatedly. I don't think it ever worked properly on our coach from day 1. I've heard from many many other owners and RV techs that the system is a piece of %$#@. I wish that Winnebago would switch manufacturers going forward - that's another component that I'm studying long & hard for in my next coach. We're back to using keys.

On a similar note: the manufacturer's owners manual says to use the last 4 digits of the system's serial number to program the unit; however, the sheet they send the dealer says to use the generic code of 13579.

Prior RVs: Avion travel trailer and Itasca Horizon class A
MarkCinCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

I believe that the <STRIKE>last four digits of the coach serial number</STRIKE> is what it's supposed to be set to when delivered to the dealer.

(on edit: correct info)
The above is in error, as noted below by MarkCinCLT--I didn't have the docs with me when I wrote this. The default factory code is in fact the last four digits of the Keypad Serial Number (which should be on a sticker in your "Owner's Manual & Operating Instructions').

Old 10-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

According to the SCS booklet, the serial number is the number of the SCS unit, NOT the coach. There is a sticker applied to the book (at the SCS factory) with a serial number. The SCS book says to use the last 4-digits of THAT serial number when resetting the system. That's what is confusing: SCS says in the book that it is tied to the unique serial number of the unit. The instructions they give the RV dealer says to just use the generic code 13579.

Makes sense that Winnebago changes the entry code to match the SN of the coach so the dealers know how to use it (if they even DO use it)

We'll try again in a couple of weeks to reprogram it. We're about to give up.

Prior RVs: Avion travel trailer and Itasca Horizon class A
MarkCinCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

So I had the rig home yesterday and followed CBEIERL instructions. Bingo !! I now have access through my Keyless entry.

Thanks Chris, for the detailed instructions.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike...
Old 10-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Here are the instructions for the SCS system on my 2005 Vectra (the Keyless Entry System Module is in the left front compartment behind the panel with the 12V circuit breakers, etc.):

FORGOTTEN PERSONAL ENTRY CODE
If for some reason the personal entry code has been forgotten, the Keypad can be reprogrammed with a new personal entry code via the following procedure.

1) Press and hold the YELLOW programming button on the Keyless Entry System Module and at the same time press and hold down the 1/2 button on the Keypad until the Keypad button lights start flashing (about 5 seconds). This will cause the Keypad to fotget the previous personal entry code and remember the factory default code (15371).

2) Cycle the ignition key to ON then back to OFF.

3) Enter the factory default code (15371) on the Keypad.

4) Within 5 seconds, press and hold the 1/2 button on the Keypad until the Keyless Entry System responds with LOCK-UNLOCK (about 2 seconds).

5) Enter your new personal 4-6 digit entry code. (Each digit must be entered within 5 seconds of the last digit entered.)

6) When completed, the keyless Entry System will again respond with LOCK-UNLOCK to confirm that your personal entry code has been programmed.

(on edit: typo correction)
We have a 2006 Vectra we still unable to reprogram the keypad the keypad doesn't light up
Winno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:07 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winno6 View Post
We have a 2006 Vectra we still unable to reprogram the keypad the keypad doesn't light up
You might try removing the keypad and cleaning the contacts for the plug on the back--don't know if that will help or not. My recollection is that the half-round caps on either end of the keypad slide (I think) or pop off (try sliding first), exposing a screw on either end.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

If the keypad doesn't light up it may have to be replaced.

I have an Essex system and they do make a replacement touch pad that is essentially plug and play.

On my rig the hardest part was finding the reset button, originally I had to add my own reset button but ultimately found the reset button buried in a bundle of wires behind the radio.

Find out what kind of system you have first and do some searches on the internet, lots of information out there.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

I'll try it tomorrow morning. Thanks
Winno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

If cleaning the connector doesn't help, you might check out this thread over on rvforum.net for other options: Keyless entry - replacement of old system or retrofitting to one without

(You may need to join to view any pictures, but that's free to do.)