Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How to repair this?

Where do I start? Does anybody recognize these parts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1007C0C7-691E-482F-922D-794CF6D18AA7.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	170855  
JennyHyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

On the left is an AC circuit breaker panel labeled for the recepticals/outlets, Roof Air Conditioner, and lights.
On the right is a fused 12 volt DC distribution panel for Furnace, lighting, the water pump, and something called "Heating Section".

The breakers seem to be ON, not tripped or off, and all of the fuses look good.

What do you need to repair?
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

X2 whats broke?
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

None of the fixtures that came with the RV work. There are a lot of outlets to plug into but it doesn’t look like there is any electricity being generated. How can I better test it? Any keywords I could use on ebay/amazon to make this work?
JennyHyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:38 AM   #5
Itasca Owners

Allways start at the source.
For the DC side: Start at the battery with a volt meter and see what you get. Also look at the water level in the cells. If you have a battery switch, make sure it is on.
For the AC side: Is there power at the receptacle that you are plugging into? If the answer is yes, then check to see that you have 110V at the AC panel.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

What are you using for power now? Shore power, genset, inverter?
Old 01-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Call an Electrician

If you can't even tell the difference between an AC power distribution panel and a DC power distribution panel, and think that searching keywords on eBay or Amazon is going to fix an electrical problem, you may be in over your head.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or snob, but seriously, AC can kill you. Quickly.

Sometimes problems like this can be pretty simple, other times there are hidden issues that can be pretty dangerous. A loose or broken connection can result is a short or ground, causing a fire.

Looking at the two power centers, I would say that your unit is pretty old - maybe from the 70's? They haven't used glass fuse blocks in quite some time. It would be easy to update that to the newer style fuse block.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I'm wondering if this is a legitimate posting. The OP, according to the OP's Winnieowners profile doesn't know the model or length of her RV. That and the strange questions, such as what Amazon or eBay key words would "help make this work" me suspicious.

If it is legitimate, and there's just a lack of understanding I don't think the OP is up to a DIY solution.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Start with year, make and model of your RV. Some have an automatic switch to change from running on the generator while others require you to change where a jumper cord is plugged in where your main power cord or generator is located to switch from plug in operation to generator operation. Of course even if you are properly plugged in the outlet on the power pedestal that your RV is plugged into has to be working.

If its a Winnebago or Itasca there should be a loose leaf binder or black bag with all the owners manuals with the one from Winnebago explaining how it all hooks up,

What has changed in the past year since your parents put you in the Minne Winnebago. Did your mom move it to another location for you and neglect to plug it in or do you now drive it yourself? Advice was given back in Feb 2018 on how to read the identification labels to determine the year and specific model information for your motor home.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have found that just ONE GFCI receptacle tripped, will shut down as many as one whole side of camper. Check there...
Indy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #11
CoveredWagon

In my 120V circuit, I have 2 GFCI circuits. The sequencing of them does not make any sense. The passenger side rear bedroom has a GFCI that controls the kitchen (drivers side mid coach) outlets. The Bathroom (drivers side mid coach) GFCI controls the Passenger side front outlets. It's a Winnebago! Who know what they were thinking!
CoveredWagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair