Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

How to remove window valences?

I am trying to remove the window valences to recover them but am having difficulty. I removed the "L" brackets but the valence seems to be attached to the underside of the overhead cabinets. I have looked for screws, staples, etc. both in the valence and in the cabinets but see nothing. I have tried to pry or pull them apart to see what's going on but the bottom of the cabinet wants to come with it! Can anyone shed any light on this? Are they glued to the cabinet? Thanks for your help!!
bullrhider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrhider View Post
I am trying to remove the window valences to recover them but am having difficulty. I removed the "L" brackets but the valence seems to be attached to the underside of the overhead cabinets. I have looked for screws, staples, etc. both in the valence and in the cabinets but see nothing. I have tried to pry or pull them apart to see what's going on but the bottom of the cabinet wants to come with it! Can anyone shed any light on this? Are they glued to the cabinet? Thanks for your help!!
I have no idea how to do what you want, but if you always add your year/make/model/trim level to your signature, or at least in the post, it may get more useful responses from other owners of similar products.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If it's anything like most Winnebagos, you'll find that there are Phillips screws hidden in the fabric that screw straight up into the bottoms of the overhead cabinets. if you can't find them by poking around, try a strong magnet or even a very thin blade like a cake icing spatula inserted between the valance and the cabinet. They're pretty much in logical spots but can be angled so as to make it difficult to get your screwdriver properly aligned.

A cordless drill or screwdriver with a long Phillips bit is indispensable in removing them.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Well
If the OP ever gets back here with the year/make/model/chassis/engine etc. of his coach, we'll know more so we can maybe give more accurate answers. Yes, Winne and Itasca did use Phillips, flat head screws that quite often, were and are, hidden beneath the fabric. I just went through all of this and built all new valances. I covered them in 1/4" headliner foam and then new upholstery. But, yep, the original ones were sometimes, tough to remove due to the hidden screws.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window