Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Unhappy Here we go again!!

One of the reasons I traded my 2000 Adventurer 35 U was because the side window on the drivers side fogged up. Guess what? My Voyage is now 28 months old and the passengers side window has moisture in it. It is rather disgusting. It seems as tho that Winnibago should have solved that problem in 8 years. And of course, it happened way after the warranty ran out!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

smoky windows

finhawk, maybe you should put the service department at winnebago on the spot. i look em up every now and then i email my questions to the service department. they always respond and maybe just once they might offer a reason if not a cure. the email will require your venicle serial number. wish you luck.

boyce and lisa
06 meridian 39k
06 jeed unltd tow
pawpawboyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We had the same problem on our 2008 Voyage--fortunately it occurred under warranty. We now have a 2009 Tour with no fogging problems but a whole host of others. It seems our coach skipped the "quality control" building before it left the factory.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

here we go again

the foggin situation is not good. i'm so sorry for your problems with you coach. i have an itasca and it been pretty good, but makes ya wonder when it will start having problems. if it isn't too far and you can make a rv trip, perhaps a trip to forrest city winnebago factory and let em have at it. you have to make an appointment for servicce, but it may be worth your peace of mind.
it is hard putting trust in the mh technician now days. usually diaganosis is wrong and it seems a coach will set for days waiting for the one tech that might have knowledge about your system. here i go again, i'm sorry to start a rant. i wish you the best with your coach and lots of enjoyment.

boyce and lisa
06 meridian 39k
06 jeep unltd tow
pawpawboyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Dealer techs are lousey but I'm not sure they're any better in Forest City. They had our new coach in their shop for three days in July--their solution to an overheating problem was to add more coolant! Guess how far we got before it overheated again. Freightliner diagnosed it in minutes and replaced a fan clutch. Now, we're sitting in Forest City again, this time for a full week while they try to fix a host of problems that it never should have left the factory with.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Our 2008 Voyage 35L bought new in 2010, had a small bedroom window with fog between the glass. Winnebago send a new window out to the dealer to install. The new window is slightly smaller than the old one and on full body paint the paint is suppose to go to the window frame. With the new window being smaller the paint does not go to the edge of the frame. Looks like hell, but Winnebago refuses to correct the paint.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #7

Whooo WhOOO whooo;; We have an Winnebago. Advantage that has a problem;; That being said, We belong to 5 differant Motorhome Clubs/Chapters, With all differant brand coachs. Now ours lives in a gerage when not in use. So I was concerned when The window clouded up; Here what I discovered This is not a winnebago problem It happens to all the coachs. I know some With a differant brand will say.. Well I never had any problem. We have winnebagos in our culb that don't have a problem either ; The point is this;;;; Please don't blame the manufacture for such a problem, as many parts are purchesed from another manufacture;; As for Quality control;; The coach goes through quality control. The inspector says ,, Hay guys replace that window cause it may fog up in 3 years from now.. I have no loyality to any manufacturior; But I did have 49 employees at one time. That made parts . Were human people are involved there well be some degree of errors. like the old saying goes { Let the person that has never made a error Cast the first stone.} Life Is good . There are some Valleys and some hills.
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

http://www.rampknot.net/window_repai...ndowRepair.pdf this is from another post on this board. might save you some money.
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I just had to get the foggy window on drivers side of our 98 Luxor done. Went to Speedy Autp Glass-they measured the glass size and ordered a custom fit sealed window unit. 2 weeks later it was in and Speedy changed it out. Total cost was $250. Not bad I thought after seeing some of the hits some took on this forum. Not only that but they offer a lifetime warranty -mine or theirs isn't stipulated.
POPPASMURF is offline   Reply With Quote