Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know if the galley overhead cabinets will support a set of Corelle dishes? I have acquired a set of plates and bowls. This includes about 6 dinner plates, 6 breakfast plates and bowls.
DH is concerned about the weight this will add to overhead and is scared that the cabinets will not support this weight.
I suppose I could put them in the one lower cabinet that we have but it would jusr work better overhead.
Thanks.
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know if the galley overhead cabinets will support a set of Corelle dishes? I have acquired a set of plates and bowls. This includes about 6 dinner plates, 6 breakfast plates and bowls.
DH is concerned about the weight this will add to overhead and is scared that the cabinets will not support this weight.
I suppose I could put them in the one lower cabinet that we have but it would jusr work better overhead.
Thanks.
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2004 39K and I have a set of Corelle plus a lot of other dishes/glassware in the upper cupboard to the right of the micro (non slide out). Never even thought about it since the cupboards over the sink are full of canned goods and the like. Cupboards in the slide are also full of Polish stoneware on one end and books and similar stuff on the other.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Like the old Clint Eastwood movie title says, "Hang 'em High". They'll hold the weight.

If DH insists on putting them on the lower cabinet, let him dig them out each meal and put them away. I'll bet his tune changes within a week.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I would be very careful about what was placed in the top cabinets. We only place lightweight items in this area. Remember everything you put in the top cabs have the potential of becoming a missile at head level in the event of a sudden stop or accident.

We were lucky, ceramic cups that flew out of the top cabs on a sharp turn taught us to put the heavier items lower to the floor. We now use only paper dishes to avoid weight of dangerous stoneware.
Omurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Good point OMurray. I never even thought about unguided missles.

Good, secure, strong latches would certainly be a necessity.

Good point and reminder.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have a 4 place setting above the table, never had a problem.

1999 Chieftain 35U
RonTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Guess I should have mentioned that we use rods in all cupboards to keep stuff from flying out. Our first trip out without the rod a bottle of grape juice escaped and WOW what a mess thus the rods. They work great and no further escapes.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

The cabinets are made to handle reasonable weight. We have never had a problem with Winnebago upper cabinets and the weight in over 25 years and 4 coaches. We currently have our corelle in the cabinets that are a part of the slide in our current coach and have no problems.