Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Help! No air to brakes. Can't leave camp ground

I can't tell that my compressor is working. No air to brakes or air bakes. Parking brake engaged and I have no idea what to check. Any ideas?

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Do you see any air pressure at all? Try putting it on high idle and tap the brake pedal a few times. Could be just a stuck valve, especially if you have been sitting for a while in a humid climate.
When was the last time you replaced athe Air Dryer Filter?
Old 10-25-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

No air pressure at all. Have cycles jacks up and down and does no good. No idea if air dryer filters have been changed. Not in the 7 yrs I have owned it. Obviously I have missed this in my regular maintenance.

300 HP Cat Diesel
Old 10-25-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawgFan View Post
No air pressure at all. Have cycles jacks up and down and does no good. No idea if air dryer filters have been changed. Not in the 7 yrs I have owned it. Obviously I have missed this in my regular maintenance.
Is there any way you can acquire a portable air compressor and plug it into the quick couple at the front end to try and pressure the system and find out we're the air is going?
If you don't find a big leak, it could be the compressor or the air governor that controls the air pressure.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I don't think that will be possible today. I checked air dryer and there is nothing moving through discharge port. I may have to go home in the jeep tonight and find someone local and meet them here tomorrow.

300 HP Cat Diesel
Old 10-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawgFan View Post

This is the first place to look. Winnebago liked to put the air dryer just behind the drive wheel on the curb side. Second place to look would be the air governor. Don't know where Winnie put those.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Just an update. I Did the bypass of the air dryer today and air pressure came right up. Got it home and back in storage tonight and am ordering the kit to replace filters in the dryer. Thank you for the responses. Advice was spot on.

300 HP Cat Diesel

Tags
brake, brakes