Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Help needed - 2004 Winnebago Adventurer

I blew a right front tire on my 2004 Winnebago Adventurer It tore everything up within it's range. It took out the head light, fog light, mixer box dash pot,damaged the air cleaner, bashed up the hot water heater and I am still finding things.
If anyone has a similar motor home, it would be great if you could take pictured of the things in front of the tire, like mixer box, vacuum lines etc, It would me greatly help me putting things back together. It's a real mess.
Also, I am in Boulder, CO and if anyone has a similar coach that I could look at near me, that would be great.

Thanks for any help.
Creede
Creede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creede View Post
I blew a right front tire on my 2004 Winnebago Adventurer It tore everything up within it's range. It took out the head light, fog light, mixer box dash pot,damaged the air cleaner, bashed up the hot water heater and I am still finding things.
If anyone has a similar motor home, it would be great if you could take pictured of the things in front of the tire, like mixer box, vacuum lines etc, It would me greatly help me putting things back together. It's a real mess.
Also, I am in Boulder, CO and if anyone has a similar coach that I could look at near me, that would be great.

Thanks for any help.
Creede
Sorry for your bad luck. We've had a couple of blow-0uts ourselves and, yep, they can do some damage for sure. I have a question. What Sir, is a "mixer box dash pot"? And, "....bashed up the hot water heater..."? Are you speaking of the little water heater for heat in the front of the coach?
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Scott
Thanks for your reply
What I am calling the mixing box is a box with a flapper like thing that lets you control the air to the heating and cooling system for the coach. The dash pot is a vacuum operated device that operates the flap(door) in the mixing box.
This may not be a very good explanation and others may use different terminology.
Creede
Old 05-12-2019, 08:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Scott
Forget to answer about the hot water heater. It is the 10 gallon water heater mounted in front of the door. I think it is now 8 or 9 gallons,
Creede W0IEA
Old 05-19-2019, 10:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

A call to Winnebago's customer support line should get you diagrams and parts numbers for each item specific to your coach since they keep a copy of the build sheet on file.

You can also look up the parts manuals and diagrams on-line under Resources. Winnebago makes if very easy to look up information on their coaches as it freely available on-line including brochures, manuals, parts listings, etc, etc.

This highlights the need to be aware of the DOT Date Stamp on your tires and replacing them before they age out at the end of every fifth year. I have only had one blowout and it was when I tried to push things to 6 years since the tires "Looked Good" however looks are deceiving. Now I faithfully replace tires every 5 years since dealing with a blowout is much more costly and potentially a life threatening event.

Yes some people claim you could get 7 or even 10 years from a tire however thats like banking your life on winning the lottery. My Father was a chemical engineer who designed tires for almost 50 years and he would not run a tire for more than 5 years unless it was on a garden tractor or wheel barrow.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks NeilV for your reply.
When I ordered the headlight bracket from parts, they said they didn't have info on the dash A/C Heat system and gave me the number for customer service. I have not talked to them yet. Taking it one problem at a time and having cold, damp weather.
It's not clear yet if this system is supplied by Workhorse or Winnebago.
I was hoping for some pictures or to be able to look at a similar unit. Nothing similar for sale here. Last year there were several for sale.
Not really how I had planned to spend my time but I will get it done..
Thanks again for your reply.
Creede
Old 05-20-2019, 08:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Damage sounds pretty extensive. Not making an insurance claim? I would think the parts catalog would have most of the info you need. If not, mine's here at home, I could take some pictures.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Tim
I only carry liability insurance.
Thanks for your offer, I might take you up on it.
I need to follow up on the resources available and keep fixing things one at a time.
I am not sure how to get in touch with you if I need a pic. Maybe I can figure it out,
Thanks for your reply and offer, I really appreciate it.
Creede
Old 05-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Front end blow out

Glad to hear that no one was hurt. I have a 2004 Adventurer, 38ft. I'll send some photos.
BobT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks BobT
That would be great. I am close to getting it figured out.Not sure about the mounting of the dash pot and control of the blend door.
Weather has me shut down right now.

Thanks again
Creede

Tags
winnebago, vent, adventurer