Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Heavy Duty Hydraulic Fluid Reservoir

Having a problem keeping the hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir up to specs in my 2007 Itasca Ellipse 4 slider . No dripping under the coach, but do notice fluid in the tray beneath the reservoir. Can't detect any leaks. Any ideas.
totolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hydraulic fluid simply doesn't evaporate so it has to be going somewhere! How much are you having to add each time?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If this is an HWH system check the large brass hex-heads on top of the pump assembly. Multiple folks have found them slightly loose, causing a fluid leak.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Hydraulic Fluid

Usually have to add a pint and I'm good for 6 months. I sop up the fluid in the tray and then it slowly accumulates again. I'll check that brass gizmo on the pump, but I'm pretty sure I checked the tightness of that before and it was OK. There is a plastic composite stopper on top of the reservoir, which is also the did stick and the fluid does not seem to be coming out this way either. Thanks for the come back. Any further ideas welcomed. I had it in the shop and paid 2 hours plus fluid with no help. Oh, well. TK
Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

You can try this......make sure everything is snug, clean the entire area with a decent cleaner like mean green, let dry and then run the hydraulics a few times and then check for any wetness. You should be able to find it.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks

I'll give it a try. As long as I check the level often, I'll be OK with the slides and jacks. Thanks for the suggestions. TK
Old 05-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I would clean the area with brake cleaner not simple green. Brake cleaner will evaporate and leave no residue. Simple green or a similar regreaser, you will need to rinse with water then dry exceptionally well. After operating the hydraulics look for leaks, if you don't see any sprinkle baby powder around the areas you suspect. If there are any leaks the powder will show as wet and the white color will be grey.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid