Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Had a problem with heat this weekend. Set the thermostat in the living area to heat, everything works fine. At night set the thermostat in the bed room to heat, nothing happens, heat does not come on. Checked the A/C operation from the thermostat and that works fine, it's just the heat that will not come on. Took the cover off and checked the small fuse inside, that is still OK. Any suggestions will be appreciated...I'm thinking I might just need to replace the thwermostat.

2004 Adventurer 38G
J Stemler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Had a problem with heat this weekend. Set the thermostat in the living area to heat, everything works fine. At night set the thermostat in the bed room to heat, nothing happens, heat does not come on. Checked the A/C operation from the thermostat and that works fine, it's just the heat that will not come on. Took the cover off and checked the small fuse inside, that is still OK. Any suggestions will be appreciated...I'm thinking I might just need to replace the thwermostat.

2004 Adventurer 38G
Old 04-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 1999 Adventurer 37G. The theromstat in the bedroom of my unit only contols the air conditioner. The thermostat in the living area controls both the heat & air conditioner. The rear thermostat on my unit reads off, fan, cool. Unless you have 2 furnaces, the heat is controled by the main (living area)thermostat.
dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My bedroom thermostat has both heat and AC..it reads cool, fan, off, heat. I exchanged the two thermostats and when I put bedroom thermostat in the living area the heat works...so it's not a thermostat issue..it must be a wiring / ower issue

2004 Adventurer 38G
Old 04-24-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Do you have 2 furnaces? If not, maybe the wrong thermostat was installed at some point in the bedroom.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
J.

Is it possible that you have two heat pumps? I don't know where you were camping this past weekend, but if it was too cold, the heat pump won't produce any heat. I have a Brave with two heat pumps, and it was in the low 30s this past weekend in Western Pa. We shut down both heat pumps and went to the propane furnace.

Maybe there isn't anything wrong with your system.

Good luck.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 04-25-2005, 01:28 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Russo:
If not, maybe the wrong thermostat was installed at some point in the bedroom. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would be my guess too.
Stan Birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Maybe someone installed a thermostat instead of a heat an cold senser, which sends the information back to your main controling thermostat. The senser would be the size of your thumb. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all responses..problem solved..although the rear thermostat has a heat setting on it...heat is controlled by front thermostat only...the problem was this was the first time I ever set the rear thermostat to heat without setting the front thermostat to heat also...we usually turn them both on...I thought I just need bedroom heat this time...didn't get any....live and learn something new everyday !!!!

2004 Adventurer 38G