Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Unhappy Heater valve and washer issues

My heater valve on my 2004 Adventurer was found to be leaking through a small hole. Does anyone know who makes this thing? I tried several local auto parts houses without luck. I have not gone to Winnie yet. I am going to JB Weld it for now and see how that works until I locate a suitable replacement. Hopefully without it costing me an arm and a leg.

I also found that my washer hose connections at the wiper arm have both come loose at the end of the hose where it attaches to the wiper. There is a small round cap that goes from the hose onto the arm that is the loose part. I guess I could silicone them on, but is there a better solution? I really don't want to have to replace the wiper assembly in order to get this fixed.

Thanks, Joe
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Joe
JB weld is super stuff. If it fixes your problem then run with it.
EX. I restored a 1930 Ford Model A. The old Ford 4 cyl. engine had a spot in the water jacket that had rusted through. I JB welded it and it is still going good 18 yrs later as we speak.
Ron
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtime View Post
Joe
JB weld is super stuff. If it fixes your problem then run with it.
EX. I restored a 1930 Ford Model A. The old Ford 4 cyl. engine had a spot in the water jacket that had rusted through. I JB welded it and it is still going good 18 yrs later as we speak.
Ron
Thanks, Ron. I know it is good stuff. We use it to make trail repairs on our dirt bikes. The case covers are magnesium and they occasionally get dinged by a rock. They are expensive, so JB Weld to the rescue.
I did the JB and it is holding well for right now. I will continue my search for a suitable replacement, though. No use to temp fate!
Joe
Old 03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Scs climate systems is the vendor for this part i do belive
NO1RAINH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, I will look them up.
Joe
Old 03-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

www.evanstempcon.com is the valve I think your talking about. I bought one about 3-6 months ago. Clivk on service parts and you will get pic of their heater control valves
Old 03-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsr View Post
www.evanstempcon.com is the valve I think your talking about. I bought one about 3-6 months ago. Clivk on service parts and you will get pic of their heater control valves
I checked that out and didn't see anything that remotely resembles my heater valve. Thanks, though.
Joe
Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWatkins View Post
I checked that out and didn't see anything that remotely resembles my heater valve. Thanks, though.
Joe
You are not talking about the hot water heater are you? If not, are you on the workhorse chassis because my mh is a 2004 adv like yours and mine is on the wh chassis and thats where I got my heater control valve.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

No, it is the control valve for the cab heater. I will try to get a pic of mine. I should have done that when I took it out to try and repair it.
Joe
Old 03-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWatkins View Post
No, it is the control valve for the cab heater. I will try to get a pic of mine. I should have done that when I took it out to try and repair it.
Joe
Im not sure it would matter but are you on a workhorse chassis?
Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Definitely
Joe
Old 03-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

ok, it took me awhile to remember but I think I got it. If yor valve is black plastic with an in and out nipple( one nipple has metal formed around the plastic and that is where mine leaked), a round bowl on bottom with a vac line connecting to it then its part #034-000-14 and I ordered it from specific climate control. Tel # 1-800-545-6341. If I remember right I was lead to evans company and couldnt find mine either so I called winn, discribed what I needed and they gave me the part #. I called them and they emailed me a pic before I ordered and all was well. If this isnt it I give up. Hopes this helps.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

JDSR, that sounds like the unit I have. There is a little triangular shield made of plastic that covers the vacuum actuating arm on it. One nipple is "normal" and the other has a small bell housing between the inlet and the vacuum housing area, which I think holds the actual valve. They make one similar to it for Chrysler, but the nipples are the wrong size. I will give the number a call and see what they have to offer. Thanks.
Joe
Old 03-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I hope its right. One of these days Im going to learn how to post pic. It would of been so much easier. Good luck to ya