Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo View Post
Our blower will not run steady with the heat pump on, only with the AC. I called Coleman and was told it's suppose to be that way. I'm going to have to check a set of prints for your coach and see what is wired different.
My old coach (03 Journey DL) was the same. Blower wouldn't run continuous when heat was selected.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
Both are noisy, but you'll get used to it and it wont bother you.
I agree with Jeff, soon it's something you won't even notice. It's like hearing freight trains in the distance the first night or two and then you find yourself sleeping right on thru the night.

I put my both my gas furnace and heat pump on set-back thermostats so that most nights the heat doesn't come on until the programmed time before we get up in the morning. So unless the temp inside drops to about 60 deg, they won't come on at all.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvscharfe View Post
I'm just wondering...does the return air for the gas heater have to be indoors?

YES, it does, for best operation.

Now, to the O/P. if you are using the heat pump is there an option to keep the BLOWER running full time? (Constant air circulation)... I know it's noisy when you turn it on but you'd be surprised at how quickly your mind tuns it out and it covers a lot of other noise as well.

Tags
heater