Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD. Recently, I began experiencing a noise coming from inside the headliner directly above the dash and in front of the cabinets. This occurs on bumpy roads. In other words most often. I surmise it is from wiring laying on top of this headliner. I can tap the headliner and hear the wires. Does anyone know how to get access to the topside of the headliner so I can somehow insulate the wiring to keep it from rattling.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD. Recently, I began experiencing a noise coming from inside the headliner directly above the dash and in front of the cabinets. This occurs on bumpy roads. In other words most often. I surmise it is from wiring laying on top of this headliner. I can tap the headliner and hear the wires. Does anyone know how to get access to the topside of the headliner so I can somehow insulate the wiring to keep it from rattling.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

In my Journey there is a wooden strip which goes across the ceiling over the drivers seat. Pop off the wooden plugs and take out the screws. You can then pull down (gently) on the ceiling material to peek forward. Not sure what you may discover, but you can see quite a bit.

Did this to mount a CB antenna on the roof of the coach. Had access (limited) up to the cabinets above.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

You may be able to get access above in the top of the front TV compartment (assuming your front TV is front, top, center) ...'course, you have to remove the TV to find out...
Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

We have no TV in the front. The TV is in the side cabinet behind the passenger seat, one of the things we like about this floor plan.

I tried to get access through the cabinets above the dash but that didn't give me room to reach the wires. Like Pusherman said I think I need to remove the ceiling material.

Pusherman, did yours have a plastic bar across the top about 3 feet towards the rear of the coach? It seems to be pretty solid between the wood bar and the plastic bar.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LK23:
We have no TV in the front. The TV is in the side cabinet behind the passenger seat, one of the things we like about this floor plan.

I tried to get access through the cabinets above the dash but that didn't give me room to reach the wires. Like Pusherman said I think I need to remove the ceiling material.

Pusherman, did yours have a plastic bar across the top about 3 feet towards the rear of the coach? It seems to be pretty solid between the wood bar and the plastic bar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Suggest you email [email protected] with the question of how best to access that area. Bryan has been extremely helpful providing info to many on the forum.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Agree w/ smlranger.

I was able to run an antenna wire up the left front channel of the windshield and reach it from the top of the headliner as I described, by taking off the wooden strip. And yes, there is another plastic strip a bit further back in the coach ceiling, where the panels join.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote