Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I had Safelite do one for me and after 2 years it had a bubble in it. Safelites lifetime guarantee is call your insurance we can't redo a repair. So much for lifetime.
TN Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Yesterday, I Called Safelite Glass, because I had 3 chips in my MH windshield. They gave me a price of about $113.00, including travel time, to fix the largest chip, that I was worried about. It was less than the size of a quarter, but I was afraid it might run a crack on me. They were at my home, in about 1 & 1/2 hours. The tech worked on sealing all three. I thought the $113 price was for one chip, but as it turned out the one "job" as he called it was for all the chips. When he finished, I could still see all three, as if he hadn't done anything. However, he assured me that none would run a crack, now. I can only wait and hope he was right, but I do feel better about my windshield.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Surprised you had to pay to have them fixed. We have had at least 8 over the years. All were free by 3 diff ins companies. They would rather fix a star than replace a windshield.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beabop View Post
Surprised you had to pay to have them fixed
It was my choice. I could have called Good Sam, my insurance provider, but I decided to pay for the repairs myself. You know the old saying....about sleeping dogs. My previous carrier, Progressive, doubled my annual fees, after a windshield replacement.

Tags
repairs