Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Goodbye class C, c'mon class A

We are saying goodbye to our Winnie class C and ordering our Winnie class A.

Hopefully our 2010 Adventurer 35Z will be arriving in 8-10 weeks and we can take some short shake down trips to prepare for future journeys. Thanks to information gathered from this website we narrowed our choices and made an acceptable transaction with a dealership and sales professional who wanted our business.

Looking forward to seeing new places and meeting new people. Hopefully the time won't seem so long before our new "Big Winnie" arrives.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

ghostrider;

Congratulations on your trade up to an Adventure. I believe you made a great choice. keep us posted on your progress and shakedown. Don't be afraid to ask questions as there are lots of Adventure owners on this site.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Whoooo Hooooo! If I were in your shoes I'd want to be up there while she's going through the assembly line. Congratulations!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Petro and Dmiles,
Thanks for the welcome, we are fairly new to iRV2 having spent a good bit of time on another website forum. It is good to find a site specific to Winnebago products so good information can be received and given regarding these fine products.

Would certainly love to take a trip to the factory during production, we did that with a custom ordered HitchHiker 5th wheel and really enjoyed it. The problem now is that I will be trying to get our school system up and running about the time of construction. We do plan on taking a factory tour in the near future, since I will be retiring in the next year or so.

Austin
Old 07-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Austin/Sarah

Congrats on Winnie 35Z. I have a 2008 Winnie Voyage 32H which was last year for Voyage. They dropped line and moved 32H model to the Adventurer. That's the floor plan with the left side slide that extends from behind drivers seat all the way to the back of the coach.
I encourage you to read the manual cover to cover at least (3) times. You will be amazed all the extra info you pick up. If it came with the Kingdome 9704 dome satellite dish, I encourage you to read all the posts concerning the dish in the technology section.

Enjoy
NAVYBLUE(MIke)
navyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Mike (navyblue),
I will read the book several times, find that you always miss something the first time no matter how careful you think you are.
We did not get the sat dome due to clearance issues at our house (the Adventurer is supposed to be 12'3" at the high point, same as a 5th wheel we had). I will only have about 1 1/2 - 2" of clearance overhead in my home storage area without a sat dish.

I am looking at the VuQube and the Wineguard units for ease of use and portability when we do set up.

Austin
Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I posted late on your other item on looking at the 35Z. Did you get the FRED or the gas. As I had stated, I love the floorplan, but the gas engine leaves a lot for me to desire. Look forward to hearing your adventures with the new unit. Let us know how it performs.

Congrats

Richard
Old 07-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRohrers View Post
I posted late on your other item on looking at the 35Z. Did you get the FRED or the gas. As I had stated, I love the floorplan, but the gas engine leaves a lot for me to desire. Look forward to hearing your adventures with the new unit. Let us know how it performs.

Congrats

Richard
Richard,

We did get the Ford Triton package with the upgrade 24,000# gvwr over the 22,000# standard. The unbelievable cost difference for the FRED with Winnebago was one of the reasons as well as having a local Ford dealership that will work on the unit if needed. We have been well pleased with the V10 in our 29' class C and they have made some power improvements in the engine since ours. The Triton is also the standard chassis in the larger 39' Adventurer so I feel that it will meet our needs.

I am familar with diesels having had a 35' fifth-wheel and pulling it with a PowerStroke diesel for a few years. Also drove 18 wheelers with loads up to 115,000# several years ago.

Our decision was based on what we thought was best for us and our needs. A diesel would have been nice with the good torque at lower rpm but it was the small diesel and I personally don't think it would be enough difference for our usage. We will however keep y'all posted on how it goes once it gets here in 8-10 weeks and we take it on a few shakedown trips.

Austin