Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

We have had many problems with cracks. They were repaired 2 time at the factory and both times the repair patches popped out, finally Winnebago replaced one sidewall, (passenger side.) The driver side still has repaired panel and this repair is very visable. We had front cap replaced because of damage, new front cap now cracking. The paint on all panels is flaking off, and has been a problem since new.

We've been dealing with the factory for the past 3 years. This problem started when we were still under warranty. Winnebago's attitude is that our warranty has expired. This has been an on-going issue and yet, Winnebago has refused to do anything.

Has anyone else had this magnitude of problems, and are there any suggetions as to what else we might do?

Thanks
Tom from Minnesota
2004 Itasca Sunflyer
stonewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Tom,

It's sad to hear this but I feel your pain. I was given the same story from my dealer when he called Winnebago about the cracks on mine. My coach was bought new in late July 2004 and barely has 15,000 miles on it. One would like to think that Winnebago would stand behind their product a little better than this. It seems obious that with as many folks as there are out there with the same story that there is some kind of defect in Winnebago's coating process. I have been out of state on business for a while but plan on contacting the Winnebago Owner Relations department when I return. You should do the same. It seems that there is a Winnebago Rep. out there that knows of this issue and has said that it was due to some dull or bad CNC routers used in some of the 2004 models which improperly cut the openings not allowing the windows/vents to "float" as needed when the coach body flexes. I put up a post on this a while back and one of the members that replied to it described this. I personally view this issue as a significant one and had I known of this before my purchase, as much as I like my coach...I'm quite certain Winnebago would have been checked off my list.
Ron-in-Tn is offline   Reply With Quote