Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

gel coat damaged by the bright aluminum fender

Hello all

dont have pics now, but Ill do my best to explain. I have a winnie drop, so It has pretty shiny aluminum fenders over the wheel. I store it uncovered. the sun BEAT on the fender - reflecting an ungodly amount of UV onto the blue sidewall. it looked washed out, so I cleaned it, waxed the area with some rv wax, and washed again. NOw, wherever soap ran down the damaged area, is horrible ashy looking streaks, again, ONLY in the area that the reflection damaged the coating. did I buy a camper that cannot handle north carolina sunlight? is this warranty? Its not feasible to cover every time. its only 2 years old something seems wrong. bad design to put a reflective metal against this apparently very very delicate and very expensive gel coat exterior? (same as they use in the class a's) wondering if I need to buff it out with a certain chemical to restore? thanks in advance if anyone has any experience with this.

nrg.
nrg2brn is offline   Reply With Quote